1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or Asexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by theCrazySquid, Jan 16, 2017.

1. theCrazySquid

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I have been questioning my sexuality for about a year or two now, and it all started because of a dream I had. I researched the dream and it turned out to be common among everybody, so the dream isn't the big deal. The big deal is that I am not very sexually attracted to either sex. I feel that if I had to have sex with a woman, I would refuse, because it almost disgusts me, and that led me to my thought of being gay. I feel that I am attracted to very few guys, but maybe I am just very picky. I do currently have a crush on a guy that is, to my knowledge, is straight. I also notice how straight guys stare at boobs, and I kind of am that way to abs, but near as much as the stereotype straight guy to boobs. I feel like I can have sex with a guy, I'm just not sure if I would enjoy it (I am a virgin).Is my sex drive just low? Am I asexual? Thank You! :icon_bigg

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, you just sound gay to me. Not all gay people are super horndogs that want to sleep with everyone of the same sex either, so being a bit picky doesn't change that.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound gay to me.

Almost no one spends as much time staring at boobs and abs as the stereotype of straight men (and of people in general, really) would have you believe. Our media is very oversexualized, and it makes people think that "normal" sexual attraction means you're staring at hot guys/girls every day and thinking about how much you want to have sex with them. In reality, there's a wide range of what counts as normal sexual attraction. And what you've described sounds perfectly typical.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If we're using the widely accepted definition of asexuality, you don't meet it. Using that defintion, people who are asexual have a hardwired sexual identity that is just as strong and consistent as hetero or homosexuality, and have no sexual attraction whatsoever. (The so-called "spectrum" identities, grey-this-or-that, are equally unsupported.)

What you are describing is well within the bounds of the normal spectrum of sexual attraction. There are lots of people who don't have super strong drive or attraction; these folks are simply at one end of the normal spectrum of homo or heterosexuality.