1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Coming Out

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by halcyonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. halcyonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey!

Sorry if this is the wrong sub category for this thread, I wasn't really sure where to post it. Anyways, last night I came out to two of my best friends as gay and I am honestly so grateful because they reacted really positively and were super supportive. But after coming out for the very first time, I felt like as if the whole experience was a joke and felt as if I hadn't just come out, if that made any sense. After we finished talking, I started to have small doubts about whether I was actually gay and I was wondering if these thoughts are normal after coming out for the first time. I guess I'm 99% sure that I'm gay but there's this voice questioning whether I am actually gay because I've never been in a relationship with men or women so in a way I don't really have a definite answer for my sexuality. Personally, I'm quite sure I'm not attracted to women but at the same time I've never had a huge crush or fell in love with a guy as well. Sorry for this huge block of text, my mind is racing at the moment but I was just wondering if anyone else could relate to how I'm feeling right now.

2. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi halcyonic!

I think those thoughts are normal when you're first coming out, I know I had them. I was worried I'd made a big deal out of things and that I'd then turn out to be straight anyway! Coming out can be annoying in that way. I'm glad your friends had a positive reaction :slight_smile:

Do you mind me asking how old you are? I didn't start crushing on guys until I was 16, and crushes are things that just kind of happen, you can't force it, so enjoy your crushes if and when they appear!

3. halcyonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! I recently turned 18 on the 15th of January. Personally, I think I'm definitely attracted to guys but haven't found myself really falling for anyone even though I go to an all boys school. I think it's mainly because I know the guys that I like are straight so I felt that developing feelings for them would just be a waste of time for everyone. There are some other queer guys at my school but I've never really talked to any of them because we just don't really have complimenting personalities and common interests.