1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by changingmymajor, Jan 18, 2017.

1. changingmymajor

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been questioning my sexuality for about two years now and I'm still very confused. I'm sixteen and I've never dated anyone. Until about two years ago I only had crushes on boys but recently I realized that I crushed on any boy who gave me attention so I've been doubting if they were real crushes at all. I just wanted them to have a crush on me but I never daydreamed about holding their hand or anything. I still find boys attractive and intimidating, though. Anyway, I developed a crush on my best friend (a girl) and it was the first time I ever thought about actually dating anyone and doing romantic things. I got jealous whenever she started dating someone. I'm worried that I'm faking my attraction to girls somehow even though I know that's ridiculous. I don't know if it's a stronger friendship that I'm craving or if I genuinely have a crush on her. I don't know if I'm bi or gay or what because this is the first time I have feelings for a girl. If anyone has any advice or similar experiences, please share. Thanks.

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started questioning my sexuality in a similar way, so I know a thing or two about what you're experiencing. You may be bisexual, or even gay. It's hard to say for sure at this point, especially since this seems to be a relatively new realisation for you. Just take your time to think things over, but don't stress out. You'll figure yourself out given time. In the meantime, let your thoughts run freely, and take note of the things that you feel.