1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I have begun to hate the fact i have same sex attractions

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Avantgardener, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Avantgardener

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am a girl and for the past 4 years I've been coming to terms with my sexuality. I'm now pretty sure I'm bi ish, and I was pretty fine with that, it didn't bother me, in fact I thought I was more comfortable than ever with my secuality, I just didn't care.
    However recently I have begun to feel more and more disgusted by my attraction to girls. I feel like a perv. I think it is because I really really like my straight female friend (she is so cute and funny and just amazing) and this is the first time I have had a crush on a straight girl who I am actually kind of close to and I feel like a creep. I am worried if she knew I like her (which she might apparently my emotions are quite readable) she would see me in the same way I see creepy guys who make unwanted advances/ are generally a bit creepy I.e with disgust. (although I am not like that at all obviously. I respect her a lot.) I just wish I was straight or I was a guy so my attractions would be "normal." I just want her to like me. I never actually realised how painful it could be to know u can never be what they would want! And the fact I'm gay makes me just feel gross about myself because of the way she might see me. Any advice would be great, is this a phase that would pass? :frowning2:

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not a perv, don't worry! I had a crush on a straight friend once, but she was pretty cool about it. Rejected me of course, but certainly never thought it was gross or anything. In my experience, I find that straight women are more flattered by being hit on by women compared to men unless they are extremely homophobic.