1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How were your parents? And how does that link to your orientation ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WarmEmbrace, Jan 22, 2017.

?

How were your parents towards you ?

1. Distant Father, Loving Mother

30.8%
  2. Distant Mother, Loving Father

7.7%
  3. Loving Father and Mother

53.8%
  4. Distant Father and Mother

7.7%
  5. Single Parent: Loving Mother

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Single Parent: Loving Father

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Single Parent: Distant Mother

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Single Parent: Distant Father

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WarmEmbrace

I am wondering how accurately gender preferences correlate with childhood issues and the relationship we all had with out parents. How would you describe your parents, and their relationship (to each other and to you and/or your siblings) in a paragraph?

My father is pretty narcissistic, rather insensitive and and emotionally abusive to my mother. He was both physically and emotionally abusive up to a certain degree to me and my siblings as well till we moved away and were on our own. He still loves us in his own way, but he definitely has issues of his own that he never acknowledged. While we grew up my mother was loving, but too depressive (and sometimes suicidal) to really be there for us when we needed her, or to stand up to our father. I heavily rejected my father's model and gravitated a lot more towards my mother who I thought needed to be protected (my older brother is a bit more like my father though and he is straight).

What about you ?:slight_smile:

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents are perfectly normal parents. They love me, they raised me right, They gave me the best possible life I could imagine. I am luckier than most people, straight or gay, when it comes to my parents. They are the most wonderful and most supportive people in the world. They raised me and two straight kids who love each other as a perfect family. We might have our differences and disagreements but nothing abusive or wrong has really happened (other than some stuff in the past that has been resolved).

I don't see a correlation with their behavior and our sexualities. If it is biological, my sexuality probably has more to do with me absorbing certain hormones in the womb or being autism spectrum (which most ASD people are non-straight anyway).