1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual vs. Bicurious

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LoyalGryffindor, Jan 22, 2017.

1. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! :slight_smile:

So first, just wanted to say that I know labels are somewhat a matter of choice, I just want to hear opinions. The main reason I haven't labeled myself is because I'm afraid that I will someday realize I'm actually straight, and this is just a phase. I hear all these stories of women who think they are bi, but really aren't or whatever and it makes me nervous to label myself.

I'm just curious if IN YOUR OPINION, you'd label me bisexual or bicurious? (or something else entirely)
    Here's my situation:
    I'm a 14 yr old girl and I've been questioning my sexuality for a year and a half.
    I've never had a "real life" crush on a girl, and I've only had one crush on a guy.
    However, I have had small crushes on female youtubers (I have never had a crush on any male celebrities/youtubers)

I often fantasize about being with a woman, and I sometimes fantasize about being with a guy. I often wish I had a girlfriend. I find some women sexually and physically attractive. There is a huge part of me that just doesn't see why I couldn't be with someone of the same sex...but again, I've never had a "real life" crush on a woman/girl.

So...in your opinion, bisexual or bicurious? (and again, I understand that someone else ultimately can't pick a label for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just want to know what ya'll think)

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual, probably.

I tend to define a bicurious person as someone who identifies as heterosexual (or homosexual if they are curious about the opposite sex) but is open to sleeping with the same sex. But that's it. They probably wouldn't date them and they'll probably go back to the straight life when It's over.

What you describe about girls is close to my experience to being a lesbian myself (but not FULLY, since I don't have those feelings about guys). Which is why I think bisexual, maybe. I started off having crushes on fictional characters and liking the idea of being with a woman in general, but I didn't have crushes on real women until later in life. And they were usually people I knew well, ie; "the right person".

3. Georgia111

I'd say bisexual. I think the women that think they are bi but aren't admire women physically because they want to look like them, but since u fantisize about being with a woman I would say maybe you're bi. For now just relax and enjoy life! You'll be sure about who you are someday :thumbsup:

4. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be bicurious.

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to say that I have more straight male friends than gay and if I must be honest here...there were several straight guys that I was acquainted with who were into women and yet...they had this curiosity of trying particular sexual acts with a guy as a one time thing and going back to their normal straight lives. There was this one guy who had confided in me that he had heard that guys give better oral sex than women. I told him that from my perspective of having it performed on me by both sexes...I tend to believe that guys do a better job because a guy knows what makes him feel good and since he also has a penis...he performs it the way he wants it to be performed on him and know what angels or areas to focus on so to speak.

To make a long story short...he and I got together one night and I performed oral sex on him basically just to see his reaction and his body respond to my skills. Needless to say...he responded just the way I thought he was. The only thing was that I looked at this incident as a one time deal and nothing more which we agreed upon before doing it. However, he wanted to have it done again which I declined against and told him why I did not want to and suggest that if he wanted it to be done again by a guy that he should find someone else who would do it. In other words...I felt that to continued to do something with someone who is bi-curious can sometimes be a problem for both parties involved and after he wanted to have it performed again especially after our initial agreement...I made the decision that I felt would be best for the both of us.

6. Zwergpinscher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It sounds like you may be bisexual based on what you've said, perhaps with a preference for women. I say go with the flow, and if you meet a girl you want to date go for it! Likewise if you meet a guy you are into. Don't worry to much yet about not having had a real life crush on a girl, it sounds like you are in touch with your feelings, and that you recognize your attraction to girls regardless of never having a real life crush.

7. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all! If you don't think never having a crush on a girl is a big deal then I feel much more comfortable using the term bisexual!

8. Georgia111

9. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It could be either way. I didn't have a crush on another woman until adulthood and though I know now that I always had attractions to the same gender, it was easier for me to focus on guys.

Also even if you're bi, you could still like men more, like women more, like more men or women than the other, or you could only have a few or less instances of attraction to the same sex, so who knows. In time you probably will but it won't matter so much.