1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never be ashamed of who you are!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RapFan, Jan 26, 2017.

1. RapFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts on here; your efforts in making everyone feel comfortable is a vehemently kind task.

For everyone that's freaking out over their sexuality, please don't be scared. After about 18 years of questioning my interest in both sexes, I have reached the consensus that I'm a proud Bisexual man, and I want to thank everyone on this site for helping me push through. It means the world that I can embrace myself & it means even more that my girlfriend, and family were so supportive. I know how hard it can be to question your sexuality, but realize that you aren't alone. We must be thankful in the LGBTQ community that we have the capacity to love. I wish everyone well on their journey, and please remember that you are loved. :icon_bigg

2. Sid Mccoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for posting this, I find your words very encouraging I'm still scared to tell my family but I'm so thankfully for the love and support here as well. The more I hear of people's family's being supportive the more hope I have that maybe mine will too that is if I ever find the courage to tell them.

3. Georgia111

Thanks a lot for these words of inspiration <3

4. gaslight88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Really pleased for you! Congrats :slight_smile: How old are you, and have you come out to other people yet (if you plan to) or are you purely at the self acceptance stage? Either way, you have exciting times ahead of you!

5. RapFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello Gaslight88,

I've always known that I was bi-sexual; the intense questioning phase lasted for around a year, I felt as if I was robbed of my identity. It was only due to my egomaniacal & perturbable belief that society would judge me. Realistically, I'm more attracted to the female form, but there were times where I would think about a couple of guys throughout my childhood. Nor were many of them sexual, but I grew up with a fascination towards both men and women starting from a young age. There were times where I thought I was completely gay, and completely straight, but in reality, it didn't feel true to my desires. I'm probably around a Kinsey 2. I've been in love with one man, and about 4 women. I'm 25, and I only came out to the people who need to know (close friends, mother, girlfriend.) And they aren't judgmental in any way. As for the rest of the world, I have never really cared for the opinions of those who don't affect my life. If it comes up, is have no problem saying it.

6. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations RapFan :slight_smile:

7. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats and thanks for the encouragement!

Patrick