1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or Bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by POISONJAM, Jan 27, 2017.

1. POISONJAM

First post, hello to all of you. :slight_smile:

TLDR: Sexually and romantically interested in guys, only sexually interested in girls. Could that change whether I'm Bi or not?

I've known from a fairly young age that I liked guys, but the thought of being gay was gross to elementary school me that I suppressed it. I don't know if this is a thing other people have done, but basically saying to myself at the time that I wasn't gay just made feelings for other guys go away almost entirely. I say almost entirely because I was attracted to dicks despite telling myself I was straight, but apart from that I didn't find guys as a whole attractive. In my junior year in high school I believed that I was straight up until one day. Then that one day I was thinking about what it would be like to be gay. From that point on it's like a switch turned on in my brain and the suppression I did when I was younger just stopped. My interest in guys returned and now I find both men and women attractive. It's been a year since then, and I would consider myself bisexual, but there's one thing that's bugging me. When it comes to women, I feel like I only fall in love with the body, and not the person. I'll look at a girl's boobs or ass and I'll be into it, but even though I've met and made friends with many girls, I wouldn't consider myself romantically interested in any of them. On the other hand, with guys I'm into them sexually and romantically as well. Looks aren't as important for me when it comes to guys compared to girls, and their personality and how I feel with them is actually a factor. Does this in any way influence whether I'm bisexual or not, or does it it just make me bisexual but with a strong preference for men?

2. RapFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello!

Fellow Bisexual male here & from what you've said, it seems that you are most definitely Bisexual with a preference for men. Sexuality entails much more than strictly sexual attraction. For me, I was the same way as you, I suddenly remembered asking myself, "what if I'm attracted to men?" And then it all clicked from when I was younger. I had crushes on men, but when I evolved into puberty, it was strictly women; they were emphatically more attractive to me than men in all ways, but that doesn't mean I'm not attracted to men. Either way, I know how confusing it can be. The most important thing is to realize that bisexuality is perfectly normal, as is homosexuality. Best of luck on your journey!

3. gaslight88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am currently questioning, but it sounds like I'm in a similar situation to you. I have only experiences with women, and I'm definitely attracted to them physically, but I don't ever seem to fall for them uncontrollably - its a more rational decision.

Whereas with guys, I feel the 'attraction' I feel I have less control of, and I seem to 'crush' on them.

Personally, I feel whatever you are, its up to you what you decide to classify yourself as. If your feelings stay as they are, you may decide you don't feel the possibility for a relationship with a girl, and therefore its easier to define yourself as gay. Or you may decide you want to pursue relationships with both and be bi.

You may decide you don't want to define yourself as anything - it's all your choice! It depends what is best for you personally, and what makes your life easiest.

4. EquityDeadlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What you are describing is homo-romantic bisexuality. It is where you are sexually attracted to 2 sexes, but only are capable of romantic feelings towards the same sex as yours. This is perfectly normal for a bisexual as there are many variations of what you can consider a bisexual. I am a bisexual with a preference for men, and tend to only romanticism with men. While I do have romantic attraction to females, I naturally am drawn to males. I have a friend who is female who is a bisexual known as heterosexual bi-romantic. She feels romantic attraction to both males and females, but is sexually attracted to males only. I also have a male friend who is bisexual, but is only attracted to one male. He has only ever been attracted to females, but he just so happens to be attracted to his now current boyfriend. Yet we all identify as bisexual.

So to answer your question, yes and yes.
    You are a Bisexual male with a male preference, just like me!