1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cons of being a straight trans male

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wafflesALEX, Jan 28, 2017.

1. wafflesALEX

so before i came out as trans i was out as "lesbian" but when i came out as trans (still only liking women) everyone told me why dont i be a butch lesbian insted of changing gender or thats kind of homophobic how do i explain to them that butch and trans are very different :thewave:

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, gender and sexuality and very different issues. Put simply...

Gender identity is who you are.

Sexuality is who you like.

Of course it would be "easier" from the perspective of someone who does not entirely understand trans* issues, to just remain the gender of birth and make peace with whatever sexuality.

It would be a hell of a lot easier for me to be cis-female and straight. But that is not who I am. I am a gay trans-guy. I cannot undue who I am to make others more comfortable. And nor should you.

It is not homophobic to be a straight trans-guy. Try to take a step back from the perceptions of others and really consider who you are. If there were no consequences and you could instantly have the body you wanted and the romantic partner you wanted , what would that look like? If that is a male body and a lovely wife, well, I think that answers your question.

The main difference between a butch lesbian and a transgender guy is this. A lesbian is happy to be a woman still, though she may be masculine in expression. A trans-guy is not happy to be a woman because that does not match his sense of identity.