1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't seem to reciprocate flirting

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ultimateidiot, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ultimateidiot

Lol, okay I explain everything like a joke (because my life is X'D) but I have a hard time talking to this with my friends because I'm worried about getting judged for I guess what's considered normal behavior in terms of relationships but the thing is everyone views me as very innocent so I guess me doing things such as flirting would really shock them and stuff ^^' I mean I'm still a virgin and stuff but I've sort of been dad zoned (believe it or not X'D) by a lot the people I know and I'm not even 20 yet! Like by dad zoned I mean like I'm the dad friend in the group sort of I'm very protective of my friends, especially the younger ones because I don't want them to get hurt and stuffs...ANYWAY-

So recently I've gotten out of a long term relationship, or at least long term in my eyes since my past relationships barely last a month, but yeah I was in a 6 month relationship with a young lady, just a year younger than me, but I think she might've cheated on me for a dude who actually has a you know what down there, so yeah that sort of took a blow to what little confidence I have ^^'

Anywho at new years, just a few days after we broke up, I met a friend of a friend who actually had a lot of similar interests to me (I realize this is turning into a bit of random story now so I hope people are enjoying this like it's gossip or something X'D) but yeah we spent most the day talking about shows we liked and stuff even though I'm not always amazing with people I've first met. Wind forward to say the other week, I got pretty drunk because I started getting emotional over the girl I'd recently broke up with, I started chatting to people online drunk (which was hilarious but also made me regret the decision in the morning gosh ^^''''') but I ended up talking to him. And I can't recall everything but I'm pretty sure we talked about some random stuffs, but I think I might've called him cute because I was under influence.

He's sort of a generally flirty guy but every so often he'll say something very flirtatious or even lewd and idk how to react, usually people talking to me that way I would be like 'could you maybe, chill?' but like with him I don't really do that and I feel I encourage him a little because I end up getting all flustered and stupid stuffs like that but yeah...

I've had bad experiences flirting with people online in the past, it led to a seriously nasty breakup and I guess what people might describe as an emotionally abusive relationship (oops ^^')

I'm trying to be wary of the fact that I'm vulnerable right now since the girl I broke up with is already with another guy and is posting pictures of them together left right and center (help, there is no escape :') ) but idk I find myself drawn to the guy and I am getting worried about myself a little because I am an idiot and also a massive pushover because people can literally do anything to me and I'll forgive them because I have no backbone and will do anything to avoid conflict ^^'''''

But yeah, that's it really ^^' I'm not going to straight out ask for advice but yeah people can comment as they wish, I'll probably mess up again anyway it seems to be my hidden talent (that isn't very useful X'D)

2. sportyspice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    since I'm pretty new to this forum and stuff and I am a cisfemale I can't fully understand your situation, but I do know what it feels like to be put in a vulnerable situation. I can tell you that you are not an idiot, and as someone else who considers themselves a "pushover" another way you can think about this is that you just care a lot about other people that you put yourself second and that's a quality of a fantastic human being! I wish you the greatest luck with your future endeavors and know that awesome things are in store for you!!

3. YeahpIdk

You're afraid to get hurt again so quickly after your last relationship. Totally normal. Many songs and movies about it.

Flirting is tough when you're shy. It's hard for me to flirt in person, unless I'm already comfortable with them and that's the relationship we've got. But if I newly like someone and they're more confident and dominant with fliriting (which as a bit of a shy person, I LOVE. Like fall for really quickly), I get easily flustered and want to do the same but I short circuit a bit and can act a little goofy.

I'd say, just be yourself and try to be confident. I don't have any real tips or tricks, as I suffer from this too lol.

PS - that dad zone thing cracked me up. I love that.