1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi Confused?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ButterflyBaby, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ButterflyBaby

I'm a teenage girl who has identified as a lesbian and continues to do so. It's the most fitting label for me. However, I feel like a "false" lesbian because I am also attracted to men, but under specific circumstances.

My sexuality is 90% towards girls, whether I love them, know them extremely well or just see a cute girl passing in the street. Romantically, I don't really see sex/gender. I tend to fall for my closest friend. Male or female. Whoever, honestly. And the 10 remaining % goes towards men I'm in love with like that.

I feel like it's too little to say that I'm bi, but again I feel lesbian is also a slightly unfitting label. What label should I use??

2. fuz

fuz

For a lot of people, it doesn't really seem to be 100% one way or the other. If you're willing, you could just call yourself mostly one way. The label really isn't what is important though. It's just a sort of shorthand way of explaining your feelings to others. The label doesn't have to be an exact representation, either. I'm sure they will get the picture. The important thing is that you know how you feel. Don't get too hung up on the label. A lot of people just pick the one that closest describes their feelings, and move on. Some people don't even pick a label. I know it seems very much like it is, but labels really aren't that important. Focus on your feelings.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What you are (or better, how you feel, what you do) seems pretty common. It's just lacking a label. Even though the labels seem to be multiplying and whizzing by at an increasing rate.

Your description is so straightforward and clear, I think you understand yourself pretty well. If only there were a concise way of conveying this to other people. Good luck with that.