1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about Sexual/Romantic Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Edelweiss, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Edelweiss

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So for about a year, I've identified as gay. However, I've recently developed a crush on this human whom I will call Robin for my purposes and I will use feminine pronouns because she has requested that. Okay, so I've known Robin for around three or four years now. I met her through a writer's website and we've been really good friends since we've met. She recently came out as genderfluid and I have a massive crush on her and I'm really confused because... I really think I'm gay? Like I am not remotely interested in boys... at least not sexually. Am I biromantic? I've never actually met her in person (which I recognize is a little dangerous but I have very good reason to believe she is who she says she is) so... I really don't know what to make out of this. Can someone help me please!? :help:

2. BiNyanKitty

Because you can technically identify as whatever you want, you can still identify as lesbian. If you believe bi-romantic is more accurate you can go with that as well. What I would classify it as if I were in your position is lesbian with an exception. It is a real thing. Whatever makes you comfortable. I've tried to give you a concrete answer, but your sexual orientation is all up to you. Hope I helped ^^

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^^ This. It is a real thing. I think many people who post here would be less stressed out if this were better recognized.

4. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm confused. Your profile states that you are a lesbian but you're confused about your sexual orientation because you are attracted to someone named Robin, who is a she....? Why are you confused about your orientation if you are attracted to a woman? Or am I missing something blatantly obvious here.

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I missed that. Can you please clarify?

6. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the person she's attracted to is genderfluid, so not a woman.

7. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is that true? Anyway.. if this person is biologically a woman, and looks like one, then you're still a lesbian in my opinion... if you were attracted to a biological female who looks exactly like a woman, but who identifies as a man, would that make you bisexual? I don't think so.. because it's not the gender identity that you are attracted to.

8. pj sparkles

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the person is biologically male but prefers F pronouns, so she is confused about having a crush on the person but conflicted about the parts.

Like the others have said, you can identify however you want, but I think the fact that you haven't met this person IRL is important. Meeting someone face to face can be a huge determining factor in how you feel about them, as opposed to their online presence. You may find that they are just as sweet and awesome, but the physical thing might prove that it is platonic for you. Or, they can be your exception (biologically).

9. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've known stories about lesbians dating trans guys (because they came out later) and still identifying as lesbians. The thing with Robin is that she (I think) presentes feminineit and uses She/her pronouns. Lesbian does cover "feminine presenting" people do there's not any problem,

Anyway, it's so sweet that you asked, since many people would rather think that they're still gay because their date is still "biologically" something