1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure rather or not I feel sexual attraction to girls

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cutestarling, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Cutestarling

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So as the title says, I'm not sure rather or not if I'm sexually attracted to girls. I know I'm romantically attracted to them though. I think the thing that made me confused was that I always didn't really understand how girls can say that an other girl is cute and not be gay? That's why even though I am girl myself, never really told anyone they were pretty( I didn't feel like I need to and I didn't want to seem gay as silly as that sounds coming from a girl)
    In addition to that I never like people using the term girlfriend because I couldn't tell if they were dating or just good friends OTL

I think around the time I hit puberty? Whenever I see those commercials where they have a woman in a bikini being all sexy it made me really uncomfortable because it was actually arousing. I also engaged in somewhat sexual activity with another girl around that time too. I use to think I was only horny because they were sexually situations, and it was hormones OTL though that was when I was 9 and now I'm 17, and I haven't really changed much from that aspect

My freshman year I had a crush on my friend. She used to give me hugs often, and I was always like,eh. Then she cut her hair short, and it was a really big difference because she had super long hair, and I found her really cute. Then I just actually enjoyed her hugs and started giving her hugs( I actually feel bad for this ;-:wink: Later I had a sexual dream about her that I actually really enjoyed.

The thing is that I don't necessarily have the desire to sexually be with her, but I wouldn't mind and I think I would enjoy it never the less. I found this to be true with other girls too. I'm not sure if I do have sexually attraction to girls to compared to guys, which is greater

2. Thesantos

I wouldn't over analyze the situation. The more "thinking" that you do, the less "enjoyment" you will have.

It's not bad if you enjoy the embrace of a friend (boy or girl). If you do enjoy the embrace, it doesn't automatically mean that you will have a sexual desire for that person.

Let your heart be open to close relationships with anyone. Allow yourself to safely pursue intimacy with anyone at a pace that is comfortable. Don't judge yourself in your relationships (as long as you approach the relationship with sincerity).

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all know if you fall somewhere along the bu/pansexual spectrum it is normal to feel differently about guys and girls. You can like someone romantically and not sexually or sexually and not romantically or both. Moral of the story being don't stress. You are who you are. Pursued the relationships you want to pursue and be open and honest about what you want. Each situation is unique. And you don't have to label your experience for it to be valid. Wishing you the best. Feel free to message me. :slight_smile:

4. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Am sort of in the same boat, I've only really just realized I don't think straight girls feel this way, I haven't had the guts to say anything, it just feels too awkward, but I want to understand how I'm feeling before I go on any future relationships.