1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A is for...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sebby45, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where to start.

Ok. I know sexuality is a spectrum, but I seem to be in a wonky spot on it. :lol: Aren't we all.

I find certain people aesthetically pleasing. Nothing abnormal about that. I am attracted to certain people. Fine. But I would never want to have sex with anyone. Period. I don't see anything wrong with intimacy like a hug, kiss, etc. but I am not a very "touchy-feely" person. However I do get *ahem* certain urges, but I don't ever want to act them out with another person.

And I wonder...can I find someone who would understand that, and not force me into sexual situations? I honestly feel more asexual than anything else. But I despair. How do you find that out about another person, before you start a relationship? Talk about wasted time if your feelings don't match up. It is not like asexuals have a target on their back! I guess I'm just getting to a point in my life where I really want to settle down with a companion.

Well, this may be a pointless post, but I guess I could use a little encouragement. Because I feel like this part of my life is getting nowhere. And time passes on...

Sebby

#1 Sebby45, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely get what you mean by that! I know quite a few people who identify as asexual and still have those "urges" but they also say they would never carry out those feelings, so you're not alone there :slight_smile:

As for how to find out about another person, unless you meet them through some dating site where that is specified, it's really best to address it somewhat early on. You don't need to awkwardly bring up sex or anything, but you can always just slide in a mention of never feeling that way towards anyone in a conversation. If you're dating a good person, they won't take it the wrong way and they won't treat you weird, they'll accept you. I hope I helped!

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks dyl.

I guess it is just hard for me to get to know people in general. So it feels like a momentous task to even think of getting a relationship started with this to boot.

4. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You definitely sound asexual to me. I think if you just tell people that you're asexual or not into sex early on, that'll clear things up.

5. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose that approach would be for the best.