1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've labeled myself as straight my entire life but there's this girl

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TreeGal, Feb 13, 2017.

1. TreeGal

The title pretty much says it, but basically I know I've liked guys and I've had crushes and gone on dates (never had a boyfriend), but I met this girl at work and something clicked. I can't describe the feeling but there's something there. I don't want to assume she's Bi/Lesbian, but we catch each other's eyes a lot and we talk a lot in the break room. Are there any signs I could look for? I've never experienced this but I think I really like her and it kind of scares me. Any advice will help! Thank you!

2. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Without asking outright, best bet is to mention something LGBTQA related (keep it chill tho, I recommend nothing negatively emotional or political. If they are fine with it, you could mention a LGBTQA friend/family member/etc in a casual conversation) and make note of her reaction. At least then you get an idea on how she feels about the orientations in general, and perhaps she may respond by revealing her own sexuality. (personally I've been trying this for helping me to decide who I'd feel comfortable coming out to in the future, but I reckon this could work for your purpose too)

Alternatively, though I don't think it would be very accurate to go by this information alone, you could try something a bit more flirty and see how she reacts.

Good luck! (*hug*)

3. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You should bring up a conversation on relationships and see how she reacts. I had the same problem I found myself liking a girl when I would have never thought of it happening.

4. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you are just getting to know this girl, but sense that something has clicked between you. Not sure if this will be helpful but in my experience these are a few of the signs that may help you figure out if she is attracted to you.

-It's true that there is something in the eye contact of two women who are attracted to each other. You just sort of know it when you experience it.

-Touching (touching your arm when making a point etc.)

-Compliments and lots of them

-Bringing you a coffee made the way you like it, or other small 'gifts'.

-Offers to go along on meaningless errands. For instance if you say you have to go to the post office on lunch break she'll offer to 'tag along'. Big sign. I mean who wants to go to the post office :lol:

-Trying to figure out in a real casual way if you would be open to a social opportunity with her outside of work. Something like, 'Have you been to this bar/club/event/whatever--I really like it there, I bet you would too..'

At this point I would try to find some common ground between you..hobbies or interests etc. For me, I was a pretty new runner when I met a girl I was really attracted to (and thought she was attracted to me but wasn't sure.) Anyway, I mentioned how I was struggling with running a bit. She told me she was a runner and she'd be happy to get together and run with me to give me some pointers. And that's how it all started...

Best of luck!