1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any demisexual/chaste people here? Tell me about it!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tijopi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Tijopi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a woman leaning towards other women, but if that wasn't hard enough, I'm also demisexual and I'm not very interested in sex at all. A quiet intimate relationship, one built on loyalty and trust and friendship, but also involving intimacy, romantic words, flirting, plenty of cuddling, understanding, maybe even some gentle kisses, intended to be a one-on-one life long commitment, would be the ideal. Simple friendships leave me feeling unsatisfied and I don't see what's so bad about loving a woman that way and wanting to tell her she's beautiful, without any further intentions than that.

Unfortunately I think that sort of relationship is incredibly difficult to find if not borderline impossible, just by the nature of the LGBQ community...It's hard to find any mates at all and it basically comes down to either dating websites (which are pretty sexually charged), or a support group. These two options automatically mean people have to take the INITIATIVE and interest to go out of their way and join these groups, and make it an important part of their life. People in this group are more likely to be interested in fast-paced dating, not to mention the stigmas on gays which encourage that sort of personality. My type is a shy, introverted, and free-spirited gal which are the types who are less likely to find the courage to join these sorts of communities themselves. :bang:

I figure there are plenty who aren't in that sort of fast-paced sex-and-go area (nothing wrong with having a charged sex drive obviously) but I was hoping to get some confirmation. Tell me your story below!

2. cakepiecookie

I'm similar. I'm not asexual, but I'm not interested in sex in a consistent way and my ideal relationship would look a lot like what you're describing.

I've also worried a bit about how this affects my (already limited) options, but I do believe there are plenty of others out there like us. It's just not something that people discussed much until the last few years, so I think it will also get better with time as it becomes more widely acknowledged and accepted.

3. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Very similar to how I feel.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the same boat. I have been horribly lonely of late because I can't seem to connect to anyone in anyway other than a passing acquaintanceship. But this is exactly the kind of relationship I wish for.

I guess the only thing we can do is encourage each other not to give up. And maybe we'll find what we are looking for someday.

Best wishes,

Sebby

5. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ditto. Finding this to be true as I examine my sexuality. I'm very affectionate and not asexual but I literally could care less about having sex...maybe once I find someone I love a lot that will change, but idk. I get complicated feelings with attraction alone, adding sex to the mix:***:

6. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm gay/questioning, 26 and a virgin. I'm not out to all my friends and family (only out to some distant friends). I might be asexual, I don't really know, but I'm not planning on losing my virginity anytime soon. Neither am I looking for a physical relationship, as I'm more keen on a emotional and romantic relationship rather than a "quickie" every now and then. I'm not sure if it was right for me to post here, I thought I would share anyway. :slight_smile: