1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

> I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anonymous9198, Feb 16, 2017.

1. anonymous9198

Hey everybody,

I decided to post this here because I don't know who I can talk with this about. I am terrified to talk about this with anyone.

I am not sure what my sexuality is. I am truly an odd duck. It's more complicated for me than "What am I attracted to?" The answer to that is both.

The problem is this. I have never been in a serious relationship. I've been single for a very long time. You probably won't believe this but it's largely been due to choice. I am a rare personality type (an INTJ to be precise). Although I would love to date an amazing woman, most women's personalities disgust me. As physically attractive as they may be, their personalities drive me away.

Now when it comes to men, I find their personalities much more enjoyable. I also find some of them physically attractive. HOWEVER, with as little experience as I have, I am terrified to experiment with any men to the point where even if I tried I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. On top of that, I still think there is a lot of hatred towards anyone who doesn't fit inside ignorant traditionalists little box.

Ideally, I want to date a women but I've been looking to meet one compatible for years with no luck. Men just seem so much more open than women which makes it easier to get close to them.

If you made it this far, thank you for reading this. What if anything would you advise me to do from here?

2. Mj5963

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there so I wanted to give u my thoughts but little context , I am married for 25+ years with three kids 21+, I started my first sexual experience with guys discreetly AroundMe 6 years ago. It progressed over the years and eventually my wife found out and confronted me around 6 weeks ago. We are dealing with the infidelity and obviously dealing with my own sexuality . It is super complicated and being labeled is not the goal , you should read up on the Kinsey scale of sexuality it is a good read and really makes sense as each person ties to understand ones sexuality . I would suggest to you and since you came to a site targeting LGBT people Or questioning that you seek in person groups to meet and or therapy. It appears based on what you said since you never have had a relationship you don't know but Since you are here there is this pulling you to trying to get to your attractions towards men seem pretty real. I hid way too long and although my infidelity was horrible and I betrayed my wife we are dealing with that and now I am reconciling with my own sexuality . Hope this helps