1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MisterMissy, Feb 19, 2017.

1. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A while back, I either read somewhere, or someone told me, that because they were a man discovering that they were bisexual, they started to notice that not only were they attracted to different women that they noticed walking by, but also sometimes the male friends or boyfriends that were walking with them.

There's just something so strange about being attracted to the entirety of another couple, rather than just one of them. Cause if you're straight (as I once thought I was), you find an attraction to one of the two--the man or the woman--and you get this feeling like, "I wish they were with me, but that stupid other person called dibs already," or something like that, lol. But if you are bisexual, at least in my case, I don't get that same reaction if I'm attracted to both of them. Instead, I feel simultaneously happy that they have found each other and are together, and also like I can't choose who I like more, sort of flip-flopping about them in my mind while I imagine the opposite person doesn't exist.

This post is by no means meant to be serious. It's simply meant to be a quirky observation of mine and other bisexuals' behavior, and whether or not this sort of occurrence has happened with you. If so, I'd love to read about it.

2. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Funny you should mention it, I've never noticed myself doing this, but I definitely have.

I'm not too bothered by the idea of polygamy, or a ménage à trois (yes, I had to Google the spelling), but I'm certain I've looked at couples and just thought, 'yeah, I'd like to part of that'.

I'm too cold hearted to feel good about other people's happiness, however - I'd be jealous of both of them simultaneously.

3. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I totally do this! Bonus points if I've only met one half of the couple and spent my time thinking 'damn, they're attractive', and then meet the other half and go 'hang on... they're attractive too...'

4. LadyTalulah

Yes!! I had that happen to me on a night out. I met this woman who I was instantly attracted to, but was disappointed (and slightly jealous) when I found out she had a husband. However, when we got to chatting the three of us, I realized that I was really attracted to him as well. I flip-flopped between them as you said, and couldn't decide who I liked more.

Funnily enough, after realizing I was attractive to both of them, I wasn't jealous of either of them. I was just happy that two attractive and interesting people had found each other and were in love. It was definitely an odd but amusing scenario.

#4 LadyTalulah, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  5. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG! I honestly thought that part could only be me. That is really cool to hear.

6. colorblind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I know the feeling!

Another thing which can also happen when you are bisexual is that you are in love or have crushes on two people at the same time, a man and a woman, and then they get together. Now, that can really suck.

Well, this can also happen if you are gay... Well, but not if you are straight?

7. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So they're not a couple at first, but then by sheer luck they become a couple before you know it?

Damn, that would really suck.