1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush and it's making me question my sexuality??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tookoffovercoat, Feb 20, 2017.

1. tookoffovercoat

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused because I identify as straight, and before I've only ever been attracted to men. But recently, I started developing something of a crush on a non-binary (AFAB) person that I know. The thing about this that's especially confusing for me, though, is that I don't have any romantic or sexual feelings for this person. I don't want to kiss them, date them, have sex with them, etc. Nevertheless, this non-romantic, non-sexual attraction to them still has a similar intensity as the kinds of feelings I usually have for men I'm interested in. I get nervous when they're around, I get excited to talk to them, they make me smile, I can't stop talking/thinking about them. I've had crushes on female, trans, and non-binary people before, but more in the sense that I want to be best friends with them or I want to be just like them, and I don't feel that way about this person.

Anyway, I'm really confused as to what this all means.

2. In the asexual community we have a word for something similar to that. It's called a "squish" - it's like a platonic friend-crush where you don't want to date them or anything, just get to know them really well and become good friends.