1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kape1, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Kape1

Hi everyone !

I am a early 20's female whose slowly discovering (or finally accepting) that I might be a lesbian.

I have never experience anything with the same sex. As well as with the opposite sex. (I last kissed a guy when I was 15yo!)

So, I am very curious to meet lesbian(s) to clarify what I already kind of know! But.... I don't know how.

I can tell that I have feelings for same sex gender that I have never experience with the opposite sex.

Do you have any advice that might help with this situation?

thank you !

2. Najlen

If you are in college, your school may have an LGBTQ group you could check out. That would be a good way to meet people and the group could probably help you figure things out or offer support while you do. Depending on where you live there might be something similar that isn't affiliated with a school. The other option would be going to gay bars/ clubs. If you're just looking for a casual encounter that would be a good option.

3. Kape1

Thank you for the advice! I've never thought of going to lgbt group for support! :slight_smile:

4. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First, I'm glad you found this site and took the step to post! It's been really helpful to me and I think reading other people's stories will help you too. There are people here in all stages of their journey, so know you are not alone!

In answer to the question of how to meet other lesbians, the advice about attending an LGBTQ group is good, if attending a group meeting seems too intimidating at this point, maybe just attend an event, that might seem like less pressure. Meet-ups are also an option, as is online dating. I haven't ventured into the online thing yet myself, so I can't offer any specific advice on that.

I am much older than you, so my discovery(or uncovering!) of attraction to women came later in life, but I think the process is probably the same. You are young, you sound like you are on your path to acceptance around your sexuality already. My advice is be true to who you are...advice for life in general! And keep visiting EC!:icon_bigg

5. Kape1

Thank you for the advice! :slight_smile:
    It feels great to exchange with people who went true the same process as I do!