1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heteroromantic bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Snowball22, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Snowball22

Hey everyone, just wonering what your thoughts were on heteroromantic bisexuals. Meaning, take me for instance, a guy who gets sexually aroused at thoughts of other men, and also get aroused by women, but cannot date another male, only have sexual instances with them. On the other hand I can see myself dating a woman (currently am).

What are your thoughts? On another forum I explained my whole story which is very long, and was told I was more than likely gay, and hadnt accepted it yet. You can read that forum here http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/231682-extremely-confused-about-my-sexuality-new-post.html

After i read that i did more research and came back with the term heteroromantic bisexual. The reality of this being a real sexuality seems to be disputed and some dont believe its real. Am i gay and in denial, or does heteroromantic bisexuality better define me?

2. ConfusedBiGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found this really interesting to read for two reasons.

Firstly, I just made a post today about being unsure of my sexuality. I have never identified with any labels fully, I explain in depth in my thread (What is my sexuality/label? HELP: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/231737-what-my-sexuality-label-help.html), but have considered myself as closest to bisexual. I, like you, have sexual thoughts about women (I am female) but have never had a romantic or deeper connection in respects to attraction, whereas I have been both sexually and romantically attracted to men men. Maybe I should explore the label of hetero-romantic bisexual because it does seem to fit me.

Secondly, I don't think you should have to ask other people if they believe in something that you potentially identify as. If you feel comfortable with that label then roll with it because that is all that is important. Is it just another term that you don't relate to? Or does it describe how you feel? If it does then I think that's your answer, so believe it.