1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuality discrimination

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RapFan, Mar 9, 2017.

1. RapFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello everyone!

So I've pretty much become so comfortable with my orientation that if anyone asks, I'll happily tell them. The problem is that my girlfriend & I recently broke up, and now I'm talking to a woman I really like. She's funny, smart, kind, and sexy. Things got steamy and we started making out, which then got more intimate.

Before, we grabbed a few drinks, started talking & started discussing how one of her friends came out as bisexual. She then said, "I don't understand how one can question their sexuality." I wasn't offended, society is predominantly hetero-normative; she saw this look and got weirded out. She goes, "have you ever?" And for the first time, I was honest & comfortable with saying, "I'm absolutely bisexual, I love it."

So after we hooked up, she texted me the next morning & said, "listen, you're attractive, sweet, and funny, but I can't continue to hook up with a guy unsure about his sexuality." I responded with a thumbs up. How do I stop these bi-phobic endeavors? Can I? Or should I just get used to it. I wish people would realize that I'm not questioning my sexuality, I'm Bisexual! :bang:

2. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am feeling that emoticon right now.
    I don't quite consider myself truly bisexual like I did when I first started on EC, but this just made me really mad at that person. Like... do you live under a rock? Do you not know that bisexual is a thing, and that the term exists for a reason? Plenty of people do question their sexuality, but some people level out and enjoy both genders, or all genders and identities on an attraction and sexual basis.

3. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That woman is a total idiot, and you deserve better anyway.

To answer your question, no, you can't stop things like this. You cannot stop people from being stupid.

4. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To quote Albert Einstein: "only two things are truly infinite: the universe and human stupidity."