1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weed and sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dudette, Mar 14, 2017.

1. dudette

I feel bad for asking, but I always experience sexuality differently when I am high (my preferences change).
    What should I make out of it?

2. dudette

:/

#2 dudette, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps you should keep off weed until you have a better understanding of yourself. Maybe weed can make a straight man more open to explore his sexuality, I know a few pints of lager can but it won't help you in the long run.

If you don't feel sexual desire, how are you so confident that you are 100% hetero'? Serious question. Considering the answer to that may help you start to see your sexual orientation differently.

4. dudette

Long story short, I don't like to label myself to much because normally I don't have sexual desire. However, when I smoke weed (not every time), I become more open to exploring my sexuality.
    So I started ready some forums, and the answers are very contradicting that I don't really know what to think about it. There are two answers always "weed makes you become more comfortable with your own sexuality, etc.", and the other says "it is just a trip".
    I gave up on this at some point, but then I remembered this, and I really never asked this question here, and I am very curious what other people think.

(I feel kinda comfortable about me being hetero because when I smoke weed it changes, its like I am normal person)

#4 dudette, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  5. Lamoure

Do what feels good to you! 10 different people will have 10 different reactions to weed. A friend of mine can't smoke weed because she vomits from just taking one puff.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Zero evidence that weed has any effect on sexual orientation. Marijuana is an "all-arounder", a drug containing both stimulant and depressants. The neurotransmitters it acts on, therefore, can both increase arousal and lower inhibitions.

What is more likely here is that because there are attributes of the drug that can impact how your brain processes anxiety, it might allow you to consider things (like the idea you might have same-sex attraction) that aren't comfortable to consider when you aren't in an altered state.

The lack of sexual desire, and the fact that it is altered by drug use, is most likely an indicator that there is some other underlying issue (anxiety, depression, some early-childhood issue) that is impacting your ability to fully feel and express emotions. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, or an indication of something you need to change, yet it could be something worth exploring.

7. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been smoking pot my entire adult life. I'm now 48.

I can tell you that, as Chip says, weed will not change your sexuality. In my opinion, what it does, though, is lower your cognitive ability to easily dismiss thought patterns. So, a person who might be questioning their sexuality can easily dismiss "gay" thoughts when sober, but can be confronted by them more strongly when high, and can then obsess about those thoughts because weed prevents them from dismissing the thoughts so easily. It's harder staying in denial, for example, when using weed.

Most of the time when I was in the closet, and I experienced anxiety over being gay, it was because I was high at the time. Weed didn't make me gay, but it did make it more difficult for me to deny it when I was high.

If smoking pot causes changes to your level of sexual desire and arousal, it isn't because the weed is creating those desires, it's because when you're high those desires are bubbling to the surface and can't be as easily dismissed and suppressed by your mind. This indicates that you're suppressing these desires rather than they don't exist in the first place.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

Spaceseed likes this.
  8. dudette

But to be honest, I am not depressed nor have anxiety (this is honest honest answer, I have been meditating on this for ass long time).
    Even after becoming very comfortable with the idea of exploring my sexuality, and taking meds for low libido, I still didn't increase sexual desire to any person. :/

I have noticed something weird after being high.
    I tried something I really like when I was high (apple with ketchup), and I didn't like it.
    But at the same time, I know I would like it when I get high again :/
    But then is sexuality like taste (well, I don't know after reading all the forums)?

#8 dudette, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Lacie1

I'm a biological male gender fluid. Whenever I smoke weed my gender scale slides all the way to 10 for girl. I mean I get super girly. My mannerisms just become so feminine, dainty, and natural. And If I'm around a lot of guys I actually get this giddy nervous feeling. (I feel like they are all looking at me and know that I'm a girl or gay) Back in my 20's (when I was desperately trying to hide my female side from everyone) if I smoked weed with my guy friends I had to concentrate hard to restrain myself. I had to be constantly aware of how girly I would act. My best friend has known my deal for a while now and he would pull me to the side and tell me I was acting too much like a girl and to tighten up. It got to the point where I would just turn down weed if offered it because it was just too much to handle. But yeah weed is an instant girl for me. Occasionally I'll be at home alone and smoke it. After the very first hit I get a raging boner. Then when I'm done smoking it I'm sprinting to my closet to put on a pair of tights and a cute dress. Yes weed is awesome and at least for me is the drug that allows me to totally release and be me.

Spaceseed likes this.