1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Strange Thing My Friend Said

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Casey221B, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Casey221B

So we were talking about bisexuality, I can't remember why, and she basically said that bisexuality means being equally attracted to two genders, and that if someone is 90% into their gender and 10% into another gender, they'll call themselves gay.

First of all, she is wrong about this. Second of all, as far as I know, she is straight so I wouldn't call her an expert on the subject of bisexuality.

One time we were talking about how wearing a dress doesn't make you trans, and she said something along the lines of how trans women just want to be women, and they're doing that by dressing really femininely.

I personally think she is supportive of LGBTQ+ people, she's just not that educated about it.

2. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's sad to see that your friend has all of these pre-conceptions about what makes someone trans, gay, bi, etc. Even allies of the LGBTQ+ community, hell, even people inside of the community, have very specific opinions about what the terms and labels actually mean. My personal opinion, is that in order to be a certain identity, you have to identify that way. Doesn't matter how you walk, talk, dress, etc. I get the purpose of labels, and they can make things easier; however, I feel like people have a narrow view of who fits into what label.

If you think you might be able to educate your friend, go ahead and do so. Just saying, not many people take kindly to people telling them how to think. If it really bothers you, be gentle, don't turn it into criticism. Tell her if she's making you uncomfortable. If she's really your friend, she'll stop. If she's not, good thing you found out now.

3. WMM

WMM

How does someone quantify sexual attraction?

I describe my wife as an Ice Cream Sundae, with 4 scoops of lesbian and one scoop of straight. Her sister said, "With sweet cream!"

But my wife is only hetero-reactive when it comes to sex, so it doesn't fit any mold. She is romantic with both sexes. She is aggressively sexual with women.

I can't think how to put a number on her.

Some lesbian friends of hers say she is a lesbian. She just laughs and says no way, she enjoys the extra thrill of a man taking her while she eats out a woman. That's her idea of the perfect evening.

Percent that.