1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could this have anything to do with me being a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sensational, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Sensational

Does not having a good relationship with my dad and brother and not being close to any other males have anything to do with me possibly being a lesbian??

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's the sort of thing that people suspect all the time, with causation going either way. That is, no guy friends makes you gay, or alternatively being gay makes you hate guys. But it really seems that both of those are b.s.

It can't feel that good to not relate well with dad and brother, I hope that gets better. But I think you can at least not beat yourself up (if you were) over what-ifs about them.

3. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I don't think it has anything to do with your sexuality. I firmly believe you are born a certain way tho it may take people a long time to realise what that means for them.

Your relationship with your dad and brother may affect how you form friendships with and relate to other guys as you grow up.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    .....No. I have a great relationship with my Dad and brother. Meanwhile, my straight sister hates our Dad and will only refer to him as his first name. He was mean to her growing up but she's still pretty straight.

I don't think there's a real correlation. Most lesbians only worry there is since people use it to invalidate their sexuality.