1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kawaiipotato1, Mar 17, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so confused about my sexuality, I'm 13 years old and I started questioning my sexuality when I was 12. I'm still confused about it.
    I have a boyfriend (I'm biologically female) and I love him lots, but I'm not 'attracted' to him, like I think he's hot and adorable, but I'm not attracted to his 'body' if that makes any sense. I find girls highly attractive, I've had lot's of crushes on girls, they're just so amazing and beautiful..I've been told that I'm 'Bi' but in a way that doesn't feel right to me. Has anyone else felt like this? What should I say I am?

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its totally fine to not know. I'm 25 and after spending the entirety of my highschool and middle school life repressing everything out of fear...i can finally admit to myself that i'm gay, be 100% sure of it, and am confident enough in saying that to be out online and be comfortable with it. Honestly it makes me happy to see younger teenagers coming on here to explore themselves and figure it all out cause i wish i'd had the guts to do that at your age.

I was about 11/12 when i first noticed the signs, and it reminds me a lot of what you were saying. I thought guys were aesthetically pleasing - i could look at a guy and be like oh he's cute or whatnot, but i never wanted anything more than that. I didn't want to date him, i didn't find his body appealing like other girls did, didn't want to kiss, hold hands, and everything else i saw other girls doing with their boyfriends. The biggest sign though, and what really pushed me into repressing it so bad for so long, was when i noticed that i was checking out girls.

This isn't to say your gay. That's not what i'm saying. I'm just saying to try to pay extra attention to what your mind and body are telling you. A lot of my signs i noticed but immediately repressed or explained away, or i dismissed them without really thinking about what they meant. I really do believe that your sexuality is instinctual, and it just takes a lot of time and effort to unravel what your body is trying to tell you. My body/mind knew years before i did, i just told it 'nope no way not gonna happen' and repressed it instead.

3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi kawaiipotato1,

You need to ignore any suggestions from people trying to identify your sexuality for you. Only you can decide if you are straight, gay, bi, or whatever you ultimately decide. No one else lives in your mind and body or can say with any assurance that they truly KNOW your sexuality.

Dear, you are just 13. You have so much life ahead of you, and although I'm sure you feel a need to settle this question right away, you really don't need to. You are still going through puberty, and you should allow yourself the time it takes to understand your attractions. For most people, it will be pretty clear in a few years where your attractions lie. Just be open to them and you'll figure it out.

If someone asks, you can simply say you haven't decided yet. It's really no one's business anyway.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Kawaaipotato. Like the previous poster said. You don't have to rush this along. Enjoy being young and discovering who you are over the next few years. It's nobody else's place to tell you who you are. But also be open to insights from your friends and family. Sometimes others see things we can't.