1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sexual fluidity and confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ECMember, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would appreciate some feedback on my post. Here it goes:

Lately I've been feeling less interested in pursuing/leaning towards having some feelings towards being in a romantic or sexual relationship with guys fitting my own preferences(I've talked about this on a couple of old posts here). I feel that happened when I stopped worrying about my friend whom I had a variety of platonic/romantic/sexual feelings over from last year. This friend had fit a preference I preferred: 20-something, preppy, and white.

The feelings over pursuing a relationship with a guy seemed to go down the drain when I stopped worrying about him as I noticed. I feel leaning towards having a sexual/romantic relationship with a woman. Despite leaning towards women, I still feel that I'm not 100% straight. Why? I've had some mild sexual encounters with guys that happened last year, the past two friendships with two male friends that I had romantic and sexual fantasies over, and lastly, I never had sex with a female before in my life. There were two times in my life when sex with a female almost had happened. I feel conflicted about "doing the right thing" of having a romantic/sexual relationship with a female and having a family versus figuring out my sexuality a little more and having sexual and romantic relationships with males and females, but I don't want to appear as promiscuous.

2. I don't think you should pressure yourself to settle and have a family if you're not ready for it; figuring out your sexuality and having a family are things that can both happen.

I don't know if this is an option for you, but I'm non-monogamous. I don't know what you were taught but I was taught you can date more than one person at a time unless you negotiate an exclusive relationship.

Promiscuity is something that is associated with cheating, in my opinion. You can have meaningful, sexual relationships with more than one person--you just have to communicate and make sure your intentions are clear.

For instance, I'm not comfortable with physical intimacy. I have a girlfriend, but our relationship is open--she has FWB relationships that I'm not a part of, and I have an outside boyfriend that she isn't dating. We are both aware and consenting to each other having partners outside the two of us.