1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had my first kiss with a girl and didn't like it very much, am i really gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WhizzerWins, Mar 19, 2017.

1. WhizzerWins

So I have identified as bi for about a year and more recently changed my label to pansexual, but ive never been sure about my sexuality. There is this girl Kathy who ive been friends with for over a year, we're in the same friend group. shes a senior and im a sophomore. last semester she found out i liked girls and told me she would have asked me out before we became friends, and that is when i first started liking her. the week after that she hooked up with this guy at a party and they proceeded to date for the next four months, all the while i have a huge crush on her. they broke up about three weeks ago and since then she asked me out and we went on one date. we had planned to go on another but a couple days before it she told me she still had feelings for her ex. then the next morning i woke up to texts from her saying she still wants to give it a try with me, just to take it slow. we're all in theatre and we're doing Beauty and the Beast and the cast party was last night. we cuddled a lot during it, i was sober but she got pretty drunk. at one point we were cuddling and all our friends had left us alone and she said she wanted to kiss me but she wanted to remember it. i said i wanted to kiss her too but it was ok if she wanted to wait. then a minute later she was like idc anymore i really want to kiss you. so then we kissed for a minute, my first real kiss apart from a peck my friend gave me. it was not at all what i expected, i dont think i was very good, my teeth kept getting caught on her lips, she has kind of big lips. i didnt really enjoy it all that much, it was very disorienting, i didnt like not being able to see what i was doing. i stopped bc our friends were coming in from getting more drinks and i didnt want them to see, bc thats weird, she said she was really happy and she really liked me, then she got up and went to go pee. i went inside and sat and hung out with my other friends for the rest of the party. i felt kind of shakey and kind of like i wanted to cry for some reason, and later when people started leaving she wanted to say bye to me and i felt kind of uncomfortable hugging her and kissing her again, just pecks this time, especially with our friends all around us. i dont know why i didnt like kissing her, maybe it was because she was drunk??

after she left i pulled my other friend katie and cried and told her everything and she was really sweet about it, but i still wasnt sure.

the whole reason i posted this is because i want to know whether first kisses are always gross or if ive been faking being gay this whole time, because ive never been good at identifying my feelings and ive always had so much doubt about my sexuality; some days i think i might be straight, some days i think i might be a lesbian.

please help if youve had a similar experience?? thank you!

AnxiousReader likes this.
  2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty much why I'm against experimenting with kissing (or even sex) to explore sexuality, because it tells you absolutely nothing. There are many reasons why lesbians/bi women can hate kissing a woman. We aren't attracted to every women, some women are bad kissers, some lesbians are more conservative and don't feel "right" doing physical things if there isn't any hope of commitment with the person, etc. There are a lot of factors.

I'm 100% gay and wouldn't have enjoyed this either. It just sounded awkward.

3. JKCLC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's ok to question things. And it's also ok to just not "feel a spark" when you kiss someone for the first time. Straight people experience that, too. It doesn't mean they suddenly don't like the opposite sex. It just means they didn't like that particular kiss, know what I mean?

A lot was going on in that situation - you weren't expecting it to happen, you weren't somewhere private, and she was drunk, all of which might be a turn-off for you (it is for me). If you really do like this girl, you might find that the right moment will suddenly pop up at a later time, and then everything will feel right about it. You'll get the warm fuzzies in your belly, the anxious-but-excited feelings, and a desire to do it again and again.

I can't answer if you're into girls or not, but I can say that, one day, you'll find your moment with someone. This was your first time, and first times with anything can be so riddled with anxiety that they're not enjoyable. Be patient, and don't be too hard on yourself! If you think it's a good idea, maybe talk to this friend of yours about how the kiss made you feel. She might have felt the same way, but was too afraid to say.