1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When were you 100% sure of your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LadyTalulah, Mar 26, 2017.

1. LadyTalulah

Not on advice thread, just want to hear everyone's stories :slight_smile: When was your moment of confirmation or acceptance where from then on, you no longer questioned your identity?

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About a month ago. And although it's not magically solved anything I finally feel comfortable with myself.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was sure I liked girls at a very young age. I never questioned it the attraction to the same gender itself, it was just all "oh, I like girls the same way my peers liked boys".

However, I did question whether I did or didn't like guys. It took me until I was 19 to realize I didn't have any attraction to them at all. Looking back, any crushes I had on guys weren't even valid in the same way as they were for my straight peers. It was all about trying to fit in.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I started dating my now boyfriend. Prior to that, I never thought I would develop feelings so strongly for a guy, but I haven't looked back since. That was more than a year ago.

5. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in denial for many years, basically all of my formative years, about my sexuality. Finally admitted it to myself in the summer of 2014, and started coming out to people the fall of 2014. By 2015 I felt 100% sure I was a lesbian and came out to all of my friends, and family.

I still remember the first time I came out to someone. I feel like I was 95% sure at that time. I remember thinking after I told my friend "well, there's no going back now!" Haha as if I could have just stayed in the closet forever.... very happy I didn't. Feels great to be out!

6. MulderYuffie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was very young always from as far back as I remember liked guys so like 5 or 6? Everyone knew I would just announce oh so and so is hot haha.

7. guitar

Inklings around 12. 23-24 I knew for certain after my first kiss with a guy. It felt so right.

8. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it was really difficult at the beggining.. i was in denial for so many years.. i thought i had to like guys(i never did but i thought that's what a girl is supposed to do) and that i was wrong for liking girls and i'm not normal... after months of questioning every single day i realised that it's ridiculous to try to make myself to like guys and i just accepted who i am and i just let myself be free..
    and this site helped me so much!