1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts about sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Theatre Techie, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Theatre Techie

Hello, I'm new here to EC. I have recently questioned my sexuality, and after years of suppressing my attraction to women, I have been starting to accept myself and my sexuality. I am currently out to a total of 3 people. But I can't help wondering "what if I find a man in the future?" and "Maybe I just haven't met the right guy yet?" There's part of me that doesn't want to let go of the possibility of a heterosexual relationship, even though I'm not sexually attracted to men. There are some times where I feel very gay, and other times where I have doubts. Is this normal? Has anyone else dealt with this before coming out of the closet? Thanks everyone.

2. Aj462

Aj462 Guest

Well, I'm dealing with this too right now. Trying to come to terms with being either bisexual or mostly gay. I'm leaning to the latter, but don't want to 'jump' yet. Especially as it will have consequences for my marriage and future life. I guess it's natural to be anxious of making the 'wrong' choice when it comes to big life decisions that affect our futures and identity.

You're not alone :slight_smile:

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is called compulsory heterosexuality, and every lesbian experiences it. It's harder for lesbians to accept that they don't like men than it is to accept we do like women. That is because there is much bigger social stigma when it comes to not liking men. Society fetishizes F/F relationships and sex but becomes extremely angry when a woman won't sleep with men. This is difficult for lesbians.

Chances are you are truly a lesbian that probably won't ever like men, but the heteronormativity makes it hard to accept. Everyone goes through this at least once.