1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or bi??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tracer, Apr 2, 2017.

1. tracer

Hello! so for the past 3+ years or so, I've been pretty comfortable and happy calling myself gay/lesbian, but lately I've been doubting my sexuality a lot for some reason?? Is it normal to think that I could cope with being with a guy? idk I don't absolutely hate the idea of dating one, I'd just rather date a girl. Also when I think about the future, like getting married and stuff, when i imagine a guy I kinda feel indifferent to it? Like I wouldn't absolutely DIE if I had to marry a guy, but i don't really want to. But when I think about marrying a girl it makes me really happy and excited. Am I bi if I could, potentially, date a guy without hating it?

Also, whenever I see a guy lately, literally any guy, I have do a double take and ask myself if I'm attracted to him, even if it's one that I obviously wouldn't be. This never happens with girls, and I always know for sure when I see a girl I'm attracted to that I'm attracted to her.

I guess basically I just have this annoying, persisting feeling that I'm actually straight and have been faking my attraction to girls this whole time. I've heard of compulsory heterosexuality before, but I'm not quite sure what exactly that is. Does anyone have any advice?

2. citymetro

this does sound rather like compulsory heterosexuality, which is feelings in line with society tending to force heterosexuality on people, and going away from this is different and bad. even for people who feel like this would not affect them it tends to be universally common.
    i would not be surprised if this is due to maybe wanting to look into different things from what you know and wanting to know yourself on a better level, which is really really common. though i can also say i am in the same boat, thinking myself gay but wondering if i am bi and did not fully realize. i wish you a lot of luck in understanding everything, please stay safe!!