1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Fluidity

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mysteria, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This might have been better in the "later than life" area, but I wanted to hear what people thought of this.

Unlike a lot of people, I can't say I was forcing myself to like guys or something, or that I always "knew". With my beliefs if I thought I had known I would have sent myself to some reparative therapy place. I'm not joking. It was more that I was ignoring and suppressing my feelings towards girls, or I would label those feelings as something else. Like when I liked a celebrity who was a guy it was ok to comment on his appearance but when it was a woman I couldn't admit how much I noticed her appearance.

But I stopped noticing guys other then my husband a long time ago. Even with him sometimes I wondered if I had missed my calling to be a nun because it really felt like I could give up sex without a problem. The sexual thoughts about women would pop up, I would stuff them, then go a while.

Now it seems like the thoughts are much stronger towards women then men. Is it just because for the first time ever I'm allowing myself to notice it and acknowledge it for what it is, or is it because my life has changed so much, or both? Is this what sexual fluidity is? I got a 2 or 3 on the Kinsey Scale, but I wasn't sure how accurate the questions were for me simply because it seemed based on the idea that you had or wanted to have a wider sexual experience then I have.

I don't know exactly what I'm asking. It just kind of feels like I must be making this up on some level because I have had a happy marriage for the most part. And yet a nagging, constant unhappiness with life is what has led me into asking this.

2. OED27x

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First, you are not alone. I believe in the fluidity of a woman's sexuality. can you describe a little more about what might be making you unhappy? Do you ever feel that something is missing from your marriage? Also, have you always been drawn to women?

3. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, I think it's a lot of things, and I wouldn't want to say any one reason has been why I've been unhappy. And I've also had some very happy times with my family. Part of it I think is different traumas I've been though, some of it is the bipolar disorder. But there seems to be an underlying discontent or something. I don't really know how to word it. It just has felt like I've been putting far too much effort into being happy with far too little return, and as I've came out of this most recent depression and asked myself what I'm not being honest about, what I'm holding back, among other things that came up my sexuality came up.

I can honestly say I've always been sexually attracted to women, and that the idea of a romantic relationship with a woman excited me enough to where I never let my mind go down that path. But I can also say I've been sexually attracted to men, and I wasn't forcing anything or faking interest to hide my other feelings; I honestly was attracted to the men I dated.

The last couple of years or so my marriage hasn't been so great, for many reasons. And there definitely seems to be a correlation between the decline of my marriage and the increase in my feelings towards women. But I also wonder if those feelings played any part in my marriage problems. And those feelings have been there through my whole marriage- certainly stronger at some times then others, but they have always been there.

4. Aj462

Aj462 Guest

Hey kunoichi,

Just wanted to say it might be worth ignoring those online Kinsey 'tests'.

They are designed to get you to click them to generate ad revenue, not to help you find yourself. The Kinsey scale is where a person decides to place themselves on a scale without having to answer a series of questions. Perhaps just look at the scale and decide what segment best describes you.

5. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It could be that while u have a guy at home its a woman u crave. This is something that is unavalible to u and from reading ur posts u dont have any previous exp in. Maybe its the thought of the unknown that is tempting u...

Does ur husband know anything about ur intrest in women? Normally i would say maybe open u to him but as u say ur marrage is in little bit of a hard patch maybe now wouldnt be the time.

Hopfully coming on here will give u some help :slight_smile:

6. Mj5963

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would tell you as a husband who cheated on his wife exploring those urges if I could done hung over just one, I would have been open and honest about my sexuality interests and curiosity about guys before ever betraying my wife . So we both are working on ourselves and "us" after my betrayals and it is amazing how wonderful my wife has been with me and letting me find myself first before even trying to address "us". We now are working on that part together as through all of it and all the work with therapist while I accept and she accepts I am not straight , I am committed to repairing it all and to her and to us ! Time will tell but now we are so open so honest etc it feels very natural .