1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ostracized because of sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lost101, Apr 8, 2017.

1. lost101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So recently I was outted by one of my coworkers at work without my consent and now my boss knows and everyone knows my sexual orientation this didn't bother me at first but now everyone is making their own judgements of what I am I identify as sexually fluid I haven't been in a relationship with a guy in almost 10 years but I sleep with them the only relationships I've ever had have been with women since then so people make fun of me because they don't think I can make up my mind about what I like because one month I'll sleep with a guy the next I'm dating a girl I guess in a way it's confusing to people but in my mind I like the person not the sex and quite frankly I'd be with just women if women were easy to sleep with and date anyone else have an opinion of this? Have you been harassed or ostracized for liking both sexes? Is it so wrong for me to be this way? Its not that I can't decide I'm just being honest I've had attractions to both sexes and now my sexual preferences are being seen as I just can't make up my mind about anything in my life

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey lost101,

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. Frankly, work is work and it's nobody's business what your sexuality is. What you experiencing at work is sexual harassment - maybe not by the heteronormative standard, but you are still being harassed because of your sexuality. Can you go to your boss and complain about how you are now experiencing a hostile work environment that impacts your ability to do your job? Or does your company have a Human Resources department (or some equivalent) that you can go to and file a complaint? You should definitely NOT have to put up with being made to feel so uncomfortable/unwelcome at work like this.

I can't speak to your question about women dating other women, but I can sympathize with what you are going through. Bisexuals are, IMO, even more discriminated against than homosexuals. I really think the largest reason for that is ignorance on the part of the general population about the true nature of sexuality. (It's not their fault, they were just never taught or exposed to real information about it.)

In terms of your sexuality, only you can know what it actually is. And if yours is fluid, then just go with the flow. Please stop listening to anything your co-workers say. They can never know your actual sexuality and any speculation on their part is simply inappropriate and unwanted voyeurism. When you find someone you truly love, then go for it and hang on to it. We love who we love and we can't choose who that will be in advance.

I don't know it that helps...:slight_smile:

3. lost101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much I felt it was sexual harassment but didn't know what it seemed like to others I'm just waiting for the right person to come along and be left alone at work

4. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Lost101,

First off I'm sorry you were outed by some mean coworkers. That isn't right. I do hope that you're ok and in a safe place. That is harassment as Quantumreality pointed out. Not right, not cool, and unprofessional as hell! Sorry for the baby rant but it makes me mad when people pull bitch moves like that to hurt somepony.:eusa_naug

How are you feeling now? Honey, honestly you have a right to love whoever the hell you want to and live your life however you see fit. If it was me I would be reporting that crap to like a district manger or some higher up. And explain your situation cause that shit should NOR ago unpunished, cause outing people is not cool. No, just no.

Sorry for ranting. I do hope you're feeling better, be safe. (*hug*)

5. PixieTink

PixieTink Guest

Hi Lost,

First I am so sorry you have to go through this. It is no ones business who you are dating or who makes you happy and especially no one should be spreading that information around your work place. I have never had this problem before because I really realized at an early age that I was attracted to just females and I have been lucky enough to be solely with just one partner since I was 14 and I will be turning 18 in July. But still at school I have been harassed quite a bit mostly by other girls that I was a Lesbian. At first it was hard to deal with, but by the time I turned 16 I just let the comments roll right off of me. I choose to focus on what makes me happy and not on the negatively that surrounds me. That is the advice I can give to you, focus on what makes you happy whether it be a guy or a girl you are dating at the time. It is your business and no one else's. There are so many people out there who are Bi and do the exact same thing as you. Do what makes you happy.