1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm worried

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by straightgirll, Apr 12, 2017.

1. straightgirll

I like guys and I always have. I've had sexual relationships with them and I like it. But recently I've noticed some kind of weird attraction or something to a girl from a tv show in the 70s. I made a thread about this a couple days ago but it's just been bothering me. I've been looking her up a lot online and thinking a lot her. It's strange. I don't find other girls attractive and I never have been attracted to girls. In fact, I don't even like girls as friends. I just have guy friends.

This is the first time this has happened. She's not even that attractive but something about her makes me want to watch her and it's creeping me out because I'm straight and only like guys. This has me thinking a lot of weird thoughts. I don't know what's happening to me. I don't think about being sexual with her.

I'm not sexually attracted to her but it seems different. It's weird. Like I said, this has never happened before. :tears: I don't know what to think. If people I knew found out that I'm writing this, they would think I'm disgusting for even thinking like this. I don't like that this is happening either. I can't help it. I'm not attracted to how she looks now, it was just something about when she was younger like my age. (19)

I'm crying right now because I'm not gay. I'm not bi. I'm straight. I could never do anything sexual with a girl because the thought of that makes me sick. :icon_sad:

2. naesi

naesi Guest

i'm not a psychologist and indeed i don't understand why someone whould cry for not "not being bi or gay" or why thinking of somebody of your own gender should bother you unless you're are afraid of being gay because it would be disgusting as your fireds would think, according to yourself. but maybe i have a couple of ideas: why are you here in the fist place? did you questin your sexual orientation or maybe ar eyou somewhat lonely inside which made you look for a community all about human contact and support like this one?

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2017 at 12:05 AM ----------

also, what does this girl form the 70's do? i've watched male comedians and think they're charming and often think about their witts maybe with some envy other than amusement and admiration. i'm not attracting to them but i find myself wanting to befriend them, which sometimes does make me a little confused. is that relatable, maybe?

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2017 at 12:05 AM ----------

also, what does this girl form the 70's do? i've watched male comedians and think they're charming and often think about their witts maybe with some envy other than amusement and admiration. i'm not attracting to them but i find myself wanting to befriend them, which sometimes does make me a little confused. is that relatable, maybe?

#2 naesi, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. straightgirll

Why are you here? Did you question your sexuallity? No, I'm not questioning my sexuality but I want to know why I feel like this. I am somewhat lonely also.

4. naesi

naesi Guest

i'm afraid all i'll be doing here is enjoy the only place in the internet that isn't replete with bitter conservative activists. i do have a reason for signing in, which we can discuss but it's too long a story for us to focus on without stealing the attention from yourself. can i know what that girl does? i'm not forcing you to tell me if you wouldn't like to

#4 naesi, Apr 12, 2017
  5. straightgirll

She was an actress on a tv show from the 70s

6. naesi

naesi Guest

why would your frineds think it would be disgusting for a woman to have fatasies about a woman? are those your male friends?

7. straightgirll

8. naesi

naesi Guest

it really shouldn't be me to be "counselling you" but nobody else is replying. if your family is homophobic (although you won't approve of my calling them that. i don't mean it as an insult. i'm jsut out of more innocent words) perhaps that's what makes you uncomfortable when htinking of a girl even if you're not even attraced to her? i remeber little girls being very attached to each other, and being so attached to older girls that it would make you think they're in love. maybe you miss having girl friends and the only girl you can relate to you've known so far is that actress

9. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so you like one girl you saw on TV. This is normal. You're probably still within the range of straight (Kinsey 1) especially if you're not even sexually attracted to her. Almost everyone has an "exception".

10. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey straightgirll,

Don't you think the reason that you are posting the things you have posted on this LGBTQ website might be because you are at least questioning your sexuality at this point?

I mean:

sounds pretty confused and rather defensive to me.

I told you on your other thread that only you can know your own sexuality. However, unless you are experiencing an issue like OCD, it seems most likely that the reason you are questioning is because you aren't straight. If that's the case, denying your personal reality to others (including those of us in the LGBTQ community), let alone yourself, won't change anything nor make you a happier person.

11. straightgirll

Maybe, I'm not sure

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2017 at 12:48 PM ----------

I guess

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2017 at 12:49 PM ----------

I'm straight but I do have OCD and it worries me because I don't understand it

12. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you are comfortable with your sexuality, then that's wonderful!

If you are here, questioning a single incident because you have OCD, then I would say that your best course of action is to talk to a professional therapist. None of us here are professional counselors who can help you to help yourself in overcoming such an issue.

And, of course, the issue is very real to you and you should definitely take steps to help you get through this.:slight_smile:

13. straightgirll

I have OCD and I have for as long as I can remember. It's miserable

14. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand straightgirll, but the people on this site are primarily here to assist/advise about what they know about growing up, understanding, accepting and living with being LGBTQ. Having OCD certainly sucks. And it's certainly treatable. But it takes professionals, in real life, to help with that.

Please seek out a professional therapist!:slight_smile: You deserve to be happy in your life!

#14 Quantumreality, Apr 12, 2017
  15. straightgirll

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: