1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop overanalyzing EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by quizzicalbrow, Apr 12, 2017.

1. quizzicalbrow

I'm still questioning, and i'm still coming to terms with it but I've noticed that everything I do, if i look at a guy, if i look at a girl i have to instantly notice it and overanalyze it. I'll be like oh I looked at this girl, or I felt aroused by this video about girls so I must be gay. And then I'll think but I have this really intense crush on this guy, he's so attractive how does this make any sense. And then I go back and forth and in a circle just obsessing about it. It doesn't help that I have anxiety and I tend to obsess about things. But I just want to chill out, stop worrying about it and for now accept not labeling myself. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to do this? Or if you yourself feel out of control with overthinking?

2. straightedge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think at one point, I was very much you. But what really made me accept the fact that I was questioning was when I realized that I was going through all these feelings and nothing is concrete. I went from straight to asexual to grey-romantic to finally, bisexual. I think the only good advice that I have is to give it time. As you get into relationships and gather experiences, you'll eventually come to and know what you want. Good luck.

3. LailaForbidden

I was you as well! For more than a year, it was all I could think about. After I accepted that my sexuality was something I could not change and that my obsessing was my way of trying to control it (which is impossible), I stopped obsessing. I'm still not 100% sure if I am attracted to men. And honestly? I don't care. If it happens, it happens, but I know I actively fantasize and love women, which I don't do for men. But still, it seems like there is something there...
    My point is, obsessing does nothing. And, as you have noticed, it usually obscures your true nature even more. You need time, relaxed time, to figure everything out. It's okay if you don't know. It's okay if its takes time. Sexuality, like most things in life, doesn't always have a clear category for some of us. And that's okay. Whoever you are is wonderful all on its own. <3

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean about obsessing about things. The more you do it...well, the more you do it! Just because you find someone attractive doesn't mean you immediately want a sexual relationship with that person. It just means you liked someone. So don't stress. Everything will fall into place. Your confusion will fade with time.

Sebby45