1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know where to start...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Acabella, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Acabella

Hi I'm quite new and I have so many questions. So forgive me in advance for the eagerness.

I'm kind of just getting my life back in a way. I've finally gotten the right kind of medication for my mental illness as a result of a terrible childhood and other abuses. And I'm working with a very nice therapist so I'm doing my best to move forward. But as I move forward, I notice alot of things I never got to do as a kid, like learn to have a crush on someone or to even notice to have the feeling of liking someone. I was always focused on taking care of someone or staying safe or alive.

So now I'm at a crossroads. I've asked my therapist about it and she asked me which sex are you attracted to and I was like 'I don't know'. And ever since then I been trying to notice how I feel around people that look 'pretty' to me. And I might feel something about one sex one day and then I get cold feet about them or the idea scares the hell out of me to think that someone would get that close to me. I know some of that is gonna be therapy but I know some of it is gonna need me to make a choice, but how or what do I need to do get that feeling like...'yeah that person is really really fine'. and not feel guilty about it. Or 'I would really like to date that person'. You know? Or do you get that bad feeling anyways and just ignore it? Thanks! :slight_smile: