1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused Demisexual Over Here

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by olivemysecrets, Apr 23, 2017.

1. olivemysecrets

I've always considered my orientation to be straight (but demisexual). I am definitely "curious", but never enough to act upon it. However, I'm genuinely confused by myself. I have had a total of five crushes in my life and four of them have been on guys. One crush was on a straight female friend of mine and it lasted for at least six months, maybe even longer.

Does that mean I'm not straight? I've always defined my orientation by whether or not I could have sex with that gender and be able to enjoy it. And while I could see myself having sex with men, I can't see myself having sex with a woman. Or that previous female crush, I can't picture myself having sex with her and have it feel natural for me. But I have always wanted to kiss a girl before and I know that to a point, I do find girls attractive. I'm sorry if this seems confusing or annoying, I'm just very confused by this inconsistency. I'm definitely a black and white kind of person and I need to have labels and definitions to understand and accept things.

Thank you in advance!

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's possible you aren't fully straight. And if you are demisexual, It's probably going to take a long time to even feel sexually attracted to the girl to begin with. All normal.