1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And now what?...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LunaMare, Apr 28, 2017.

1. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey you all :slight_smile:

So I joined about a month ago and this place is really amazing and I feel like I'm finally getting to know myself so thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I'm questioning wether I'm bi/gay/just straight but I'm not going to talk about why (you can check out my other threads for that if you'd like to help me, please do) but I need some tips to move further.

So I've decided to be open and honest with myself to the possibilaty (probability:icon_wink) of liking girls, but now what?

I'm still quite unsure some days, so I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to find that sort of 'confirmation'.

I think I would like to meet some lesbian/bi girls but how could I do that while still in the closet? Any ideas on that. I don't think online dating would be my thing though I might consider it but is there any way to still do that kind of anonymously without it being an app/webside full of creeps? I'm afraid of people finding out online before I'm ready to tell them myself and same counts for gay bars because there might be people I know there.

Have a nice day (*hug*)

2. Brigianna

Hi :slight_smile:

I feel pretty much the same. I am drawn to the girls and I want to meet them. I tried some online dating site for lesbians, but I don't know ... I guess we have to take the risk.
    I would suggest you to try going to lesbian bars when abroad or when in another city.
    I look for lesbian bars in resorts where I go for vacation but somehow I'm not successful.
    There are pretty girls where I work but no way to try anything like that at your workplace.

I don't think online dating should be that creepy or dangerous. To put your photo open is another thing :slight_smile:

I wish you good luck!:smilewave Perhaps one day we'll meet someone.(*hug*)

3. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey brigianna!

Thanks a lot for replying

The other cities/countries things is a great idea! Is it common to go to a lesbian bar alone? What do I do once I'm ther? I'm so new to all of this, I feel like a 12 year old!

What I meant about the online dating thing was that I'm scared any kind of really anonymous dating site would be filled with strange old men :wink: but I have zero experience with dating sites so actually I have no idea :wink:

And yeah I hope we will :slight_smile:

4. Brigianna

I never been to a gay/lesbian bar, however I would go alone :slight_smile: I see you are from Europe. I am from Europe too. It's a safe place. There are many countries gay friendly. At least it's legal.
    This year I'm going on vacation alone. I will try to look for places to go. Somehow they are always out of reach lol
    If I found one, I'd just take a drink and look around :slight_smile: You know I feel a lot safer with girls around me then drunk men.

As for online dating, yes, there are plenty of disgusting men there. There are dating sites only for girls. Dunno. I am somewhat scared to add my photo. Perhaps I would add my cleavage and lips :grin:DDD

I am so glad to find someone to chat with here :slight_smile:

Good luck to your quest for girls :slight_smile:

5. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah luckily I'm from a pretty gay friendly country :slight_smile:
    hahaa I guess I'll just need the courage to go in, I'm sure I would feel pretty awkward but I'd get over it. Have fun on your vacation and good luck :slight_smile:

I'll see about online dating, maybe in the future but for now I don't think I'd like it

I'm happy I can talk to you too!

6. Adhafera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi LunaMar!

It's great that you're getting to know yourself better.
    I mentioned it on another thread of yours but I'm kind of in the same situation (and reluctant to try online dating/gay bars in my city for the same reasons).

I actually tried Brigianna's idea a few weeks ago and went to a lesbian bar alone for the first time, while I was abroad.
    I'd say it helped me, but not in the ways I was expecting.

I'm​ extremely shy and on top of that I was super nervous (it took me 20 min to muster the courage to actually enter the bar it was ridiculous :lol:slight_smile: so I didn't dare speak to anyone, just ordered a drink and sat there, doodling. Which, you know, kind of defeated the purpose of meeting people.

However I was able to appreciate how warm and friendly the atmosphere was: everyone was laughing, talking, greeting each other.
    Being in a place where same-gender attraction was normalized, where lesbian and bi women could safely meet as friends or couples and find community...well it assuaged fears I hadn't even fully realized I had.
    And going out I felt proud to have taken that step.

If you have the opportunity to hang out at a lesbian bar while staying relatively anonymous, definitely do so, my main advice being: look into the venue before going to know what kind of atmosphere, crowd, etc, to expect.

I wish both you and Brigianna luck with the ladies!
    And if you want to, please keep us updated on how it goes. :slight_smile:

7. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey adhafera!
    Yes I remember you :slight_smile:
    That is amazing that you found the courage to do that! That must have been a big step. I wish I felt confident enough to do that but I really want to.
    Thanks, your story gave me another push. I'm currently busy with school and everything but I hope that I'll be ready to take some action this summer :slight_smile:
    Yeah if anything happens I'll definitely throw my feelings on this forum! I'd love to hear about how it goes on for you too

8. Adhafera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hope so too! I'm sure you'll find the confidence to do that :slight_smile:

And no problem, I'll surely continue posting about how things​ go for me too