1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was my sexuality repressed?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ShyCrab21, Apr 28, 2017.

1. ShyCrab21

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Uhh, hey. >u<

Well, growing up, I was never taught about differences in sexuality...and my mother(I love her so much), kind of assumed that I would like boys. I remember her telling me to wait until I finished high school, before dating guys. So, I was completely oblivious to the fact of same-sex attraction.

When I was younger, I would look at some of the fashion mags around the house, and was oddly mesmerized by...uhh...the bra and panties section. >u< My mom would have this puzzled face and kindly take the book away from me. When I would play fighting games, I hated picking male characters and always went with a female character(still do that); however, something about their breasts and curves made it hard to look away. Back then, I felt very odd about my own behavior(I was about 10 years old).

So, in school, I had a crush...only because all the other girls had them. However, the boys I "crushed" on, felt more like brothers than potential boyfriends...I don't know. In 7th-8th grade...I noticed a lot of..."pretty" girls, and at the time, I thought it was normal(I thought all girls thought the way I did) to think of how beautiful they were. The thing is, I'm extremely shy and it takes a lot for me to talk to people in life, but for some reason, I wanted to really talk to these girls. I ended up not knowing what, it was...but when I think back on it, they were extremely cute to me. Not like adorable:cute, but like fiiiine:cute. :icon_redf

I'm still questioning my sexuality, but I think I'm either bi(leaning towards lesbian) or just lesbian. I tend to get very aroused just by looking at a beautiful girl's face...and especially if she has large breasts/curvy body. Also, I feel the urge to hold a girl in my arms, hold her hand, and just enjoy time with her.

I apologize for this jumbled mess, but can someone please analyze my backstory?

#1 ShyCrab21, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. We can't tell you what yit u are because only you know what you feel but we can advise and help you to come to the decision.
    From what you have written I would lean more towards lesbian, you don't mention anything about guys apart from you crushed on one because that's what you thought you should do.
    Don't apologise it's not a jumbled mess and most of us have been where you are now, just trying to figure things out :slight_smile:

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As noted, because of your lack of mentioning boys much except as "brother" rather than boyfriend material, I would lean to saying that you present through your post as more of a lesbian. Especially your expressions of interest in the female body.

Ultimately it will be your decision what path you follow, so I cannot tell you what to choose. These are just some thoughts on your post.

Sebby45

4. 6qurious9

Your experiences sound strangely similar to mine. I too thought it wasn't out of the ordinary that I found the female body sexually arousing and i assumed that everyone thought the same way I did; seeing the female as the epitome of sexual desire. When playing mmorpg fighting games, I definitely enjoyed playing as a female character more so because I found the female form the characters had to be very attractive.

My parents (dad and step mum) expected me to like the opposite sex and would say to wait until I finished school before dating. Funnily enough, dating a guy was never ever one of my main concerns anyway and I had no interest in it at all. I always thought that I would just go with the flow if a guy liked me or something.

Seeing how you described feelings towards males compared to females, sounds like you lean towards women.

#4 6qurious9, May 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017