1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal for a bi person to flip between gay and staright?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BisexualFurry, May 1, 2017.

1. BisexualFurry

as my title said. Im bi, but sometimes i feel more gay or straight. For instance, 3 weeks ago i wholeheartedly identified as gay, ( this day stands out because there was a guy visiting from another school who was hot, absolutely smoking) but the attraction to girls was still there. Now im feeling more and more straight,but the attraction to guys is still there. PLease help.

2. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual orientation and gender aren't as fixed as most people think. Some people move across the spectrum monthly, weekly, daily or even hourly or in certain situations.

I have to admit that I'm not very familiar with fluidity in sexual orientation, but as a genderfluid bisexual I'm all too familiar with the rollercoaster that is sexual fluidity. I came out to myself as genderfluid about a year and a half ago and it can still be confusing at times.

But to answer your question, yes sexual fluidity as a bi person is perfectly normal.

3. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, pretty normal. Just as you may like certain races, body types etc. at different times you will have preferences for particular sexes over time :slight_smile:

Peace, cake, hugs, hope and justice for all :slight_smile:

4. Cass1D

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Funny thing, I was just wondering this while biking today and considered making a thread about it. I'd complain about being ninja'd, but I'm really just glad to hear that this sort of sentiment isn't uncommon. In my own case, I would worry that I was "becoming" straight or gay, and that I would "lose" something. At the end of the day, you're still the same person and not any less because of your sexual/romantic inclinations, shifting or not.

5. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say that sounds pretty normal - I levelled out a bit more as I got older, maybe it's a hormone thing.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not unheard of, i've switched from female to male and back then realized both were valid, and when i relaxed about it, i realize i prefer males but not adverse to fun with a female.