1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chiantigirl, May 1, 2017.

1. Chiantigirl

I'm new to this and never experienced being with another women but I know I want to experience it and have had strong feelings towards other woman. I met this girl through who is my stylists and she always said how much she got excited when I came in. She would say things like are you wearing makeup for me today and made jokes about raising her brows at guys and wondering if it worked on me. We became social media friends and started sending sexual photos and videos to each other but she said she does it for reactions. She admits to being attracted to me but is afraid to hang out because I "have expectations " in her words. She said she only kissed another girl but unsure if she would do anything else. I'm so confused on how to handle this because I'm very attracted to her and she knows it. She continues to send sexual videos knowing this. Am I getting played or is it possible she isn't ready yet and keeping me interested? Need advise.

2. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This person sounds very unsure about their sexuality, you might want to ask them to explain what they mean when they say things that confuse you (you have expectations, etc.). There's really no other way to know than to approach her directly about it and ask her honestly if she is playing you (because that is what it sounds like!). It's your choice wheter to keep pursuing this woman or not, but it would benefit you both to be on the same page :^)

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, have you ever tried to talk to her about what she means by you having expectations?

4. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should try asking her and if you end up finding out she was playing you or noticing signs that points to that, I'd suggest just stay friends with her.

5. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't have a perfect answer for this situation, but I don't think there's one perfect answer anyway. All I know is that her just sending sexual things for reaction alone is a bit of a red flag. Who knows, she might be curious like you and is experimenting, and if so, she should probably make that clear. I'd say be cautious and find out about her intentions before getting yourself in too deep.

6. Chiantigirl

Thank you everyone for your input. I did ask her what she meant by expectations but she wouldn't give me an answer and dodged the question when I kept asking. I asked her if anything I said bothered her and if she said no. She continues to do things and say things to make me think she does think about me all the time, but her avoidance to hang out in person is confusing. When we talked about experimenting with woman she said she was a wuss and afraid. So maybe she wants to but afraid of dealing with it?

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it sounds like she is struggling with her attraction to you. I think she knows you both like each other and she is scared that if you hang out together in real life things might happen. I am sure that is what she means by your expectations.
    I think I would probably try and talk to her and just say look I like you but there is no pressure on you to feel the same and I would like to spend time with you as a friend with no expectations or something along those lines. Or tell her if she ever wants to talk then you are always ready to listen.

8. SarahLee

It sounds like she wants you but is afraid. Maybe you could ask her to go out with you one night to a club or a restaurant where you two could talk. Ask her to be honest with you, is she attracted to you or just experimenting with her own sexuality. Don't let her lead you on for very long. She doesn't sound like someone who would let you get close enough for a meaningful relationship. That could hurt if your feelings grow.