1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I just give up?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Spot, May 6, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel fairly confident in my sexuality, I call myself gay and specifically a Kinsey 5.5, if not more than that. I've only ever felt sexual attraction towards men and if I have felt romantically attracted towards women, it was very weak and was nowhere near as much as what I feel towards guys. I think what I really felt was a platonic connection that I confused with romantic attraction but who knows? :shrug: I'd only date or get married to guys but the thing is, I never really rule out the possibility that one day I could fall in love with a woman. Probably not but I mean, it's always possible. Yeah, anyway...I don't know if I should bother labeling my sexuality at all because people always say that your sexuality is subject to change once you go on T. And I've heard of one case in particular (I'm sure there's others) where there was a MTF who was straight girl before going on estrogen and after starting HRT, she started identifying as a lesbian. And the way I see it, there's like a 1% chance I could randomly become fully straight. I seriously doubt it and it'd honestly make me a little sad.

Is there any point in labeling my sexuality before T? Should I just give up for now? And I do like labels by the way, I know that's weird but I like categorizing everything about me...

And is it likely that my sexuality will change? Particularly from gay to straight? That'd be really weird after all this time saying I was gay but I guess I could accept it :confused: