1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bisexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, May 8, 2017.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So, a lot of people have been going around lately saying "a lot of bisexual woman are really just straight/lesbian women" and now it's got me confused over what I am.

- I've known I've liked women from 7, although is post situation as at 17 I realized an obsession I had for one of the girls in the class. Although back then I just knew that "she smelt good" and I wanted to be her only friend, and hold her hand and kiss her.

- I've known I've liked men from the age of 14, since I was at my relative's house and this older man (age 18) came in and I looked up to say "hello" to him but the way I responded was like being fazed at your favorite celebrity. I couldn't talk to him and I blushed any time he was in the room, so I just desperately kept my head down and hoped my family didn't notice (they did).

- I know I like women a lot more than men but at the same time I like femininity over masculinity (in terms of a relationship) which more women have over men. I'd say I prefer feminine men over feminine women.

- I have no idea what a penis looks like. Are there any legal magazines or *artwork that show (*realistically) men's penises?

-- I know what breasts look like because there's a lot of artwork with them showing and they're sometimes at head high so I just see them. I try very hard to keep my head up (at their faces).

- I hate men with chest hair. I can only be attracted to a guy with his top off if he is clean-shaven on his chest. However, men having chest hair is a very natural thing and a common thing for men to have.

- I hate being touched even platonically (so not even hugs from my parents or friends) as a result of two situations I was in when I was younger that I was not given help for. So in terms of 'sex'ual attraction, the idea of sex or deep touching turns me off dating completely. I keep thinking if I got to know them enough I could hug them, but I'm not sure. I can see myself holding hands with someone, male or female, if I got to know them enough and neither of our hands were sweating.

- I want to take both men and women out on a date (me paying both times on first date - always had that dream) but the uncertainty of knowing who I'll end up with is turning me off dating altogether. If I could say 'I want to marry a man when I'm older' or 'I want to marry women when I'm older' that would be fine for a date, but it's the thought of having to 'pick a side' rather than just being on one that's frustrating. Or I wish bisexuality was a side I could just be on, because the idea of dating a bi man or woman seems okay. [Honestly, if poly relationships weren't so looked down upon, and I found two other people - 1 male and 1 female - who wanted it as well, I'd probably go for that. But I won't knowing people have problems with it.]

Any insight from others would be great please.

#1 Secrets5, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. RileyWeaves

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! So, bisexuality is definitely a thing. I've seen a bunch of people try to claim that you "have" to be straight or gay, but I've also seen a TON of support for bi/pan people. You don't have to "pick a side", just date who you're into. If you aren't interested in sex, or touching, you could also say you're biromantic. As for poly relationships, it's up to you (personally, I don't think you should care about what others do or don't approve of, but this is coming from someone who is living it up in Narnia, so make of it what you will.)

A side note: Your signature still says you're taking a break, which might be a cause for not getting as much in the way of replies? (Just a thought, also none of my business, etc.)