1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a Trans guy who wants to date but I don't know how

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by finnthefish, May 10, 2017.

1. finnthefish

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, I know this is weird. A fourteen year old wanting to date. Hear me out, I've been in a relationship before (only one).

Let me get this out there, I do not label my sexuality but I mostly fall for guys. I'm trans as well. I've told many people that I go by a male name and he/him pronouns but I'm always misgendered (I'm guessing my hair but that's a different story). Next year, I plan to tell my teachers I'm a male.

Okay, now about the past. I have been in a relationship before for a year and almost a half. It... was terrible. The other guy didn't communicate to me, made me worry, showed no liking to me or anything. I, on the other hand, have gave him compliments almost daily, gave him gifts, cheered him up, constantly helped him throughout everything, and made sure he was ok. I should of ended it sooner over how he was treating me but I was head over heels. So there's that.

And the main issue. I can't seem to be seen as a male. Every guy I know is still calling me my deadname. Everyone says my deadname and when I correct them, they brush it off and continue to call me by female name. I officially now own a binder (today was my first day wearing it!!!) but no one dared to call me a male.

Also, I'm introverted. I get all sweaty and nervous when people talk to me. I have one friend that I trust due to the things that have happened in the past. It's hard. I don't know what to do.

There is an LGBT club but only four people come, me and my ex included. And, it's mostly lesbians.

I walk with a couple of people in my PE class and I hear one of them, a straight girl, say how she always falls in love with gay guys. I don't know where she finds them, she says a new name almost everyday. It's getting harder and this is only freshman year (end of it. I'm a sophomore soon).

I know I have 3 more years and I know high school isn't the only place but even if I don't get a boyfriend, I just need friends. My one trusted friend is leaving next year to college so she'll be gone and I'll be alone. I don't know what to do. It gives me anxiety to be left alone, it's happened too many times to count.

So there. I have one trusted friend, introverted, have social anxiety, a trans guy, no social skills, and just wants a date. I'm sorry this was all over the place.

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not trans so idk how it goes but telling your teachers sounds like a good place to start. That's great that you were able to get a binder! :icon_bigg Do your parents know your trans, or are you not out to them yet? BTW a ftm youtuber named Jeydon made this video about binding, i thought of it when you mentioned getting a binder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbOUpi0FbVo&t=703s. He talks about different binding ideas in it and gives advice.

Aaaand i forgot what i was gonna say. Oh yeah! It sounds like your friends are being shitty friends. Do they just not remember your name very well, or do they just not care? Do they just not understand how much this means to you, could taking a (trusted) friend or two aside and talking to them about it help any? Idk i'm socially awkward too so i'm just saying what first comes to mind. Is that one trusted friend you mentioned using your name and the right pronouns? Could you maybe talk to that friend? Or even just hang out. I did that. I had friends at my old college but most of the time i didn't really know what to say or feel comfortable talking so i'd just go up to their dorm room and we'd hang out and that worked.

You said the school LGBT group is small and not much help. But you live in Cali, are there any good LGBT groups close enough that you could go to?

3. finnthefish

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do watch Jeydon! My parents do know and aren't very accepting (at this second but in the future, I think they will be) so I regret telling them.

I use to correct my friends but then I thought I sounded rude and annoying so I stopped and then they stopped caring. They have apologized in the past but they keep saying my dead name with no hesitation. Yes, my trusted friend is using the correct pronouns and names. There are people who do as well but there is a majority of them who just don't care and call me by my dead name when I've told them several times not to. My friend is leaving for college in a month and I'll then be a sophomore meaning I will be alone if I don't find more people to be around.

There probably is a lot of support groups to go to but my parents will tell me no and I will not be able to go.