1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and unsure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by unsureguy, May 11, 2017.

1. unsureguy

I have always felt somewhat "off" or different. I had elementary school crushes and whatnot until high school. I liked girls too and thought about them sexually as well/fantasizing. Then I started noticing guys, especially these two really hot guys a year younger than me, I used to get so hot(literally) and butterflies around them. Phew. Then I started fantasizing about them. I then started experimenting after high school and learned I like guys sexually, and if I like a guy I like cuddling with them and kissing them etc it's great and feels normal actually but sometimes I feel like it's just a physical/sexual admiration but then if it was that I wouldn't like having sex with guys I feel? I stare at girls and say "yeah I'd do her she's hot" Where it gets confusing for me is I haven't been in a relationship w/ anyone yet. So I do want to try having penetrative sex with girls(I've gone down on girls) it was okay but I think I prefer guys for that. As for kissing girls, again it was ok but guys are way better and it's hotter. I wouldn't mind trying to date girls but I have a hard time connecting with them on an emotional level. Still haven't tried dating guys but it sounds exciting tbh. I know it's all confusing and I'm just rambling but should I just keep experimenting and go with the flow?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey unsureguy,

Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

I believe that the most important thing is that you understand and accept your sexuality for yourself. Listening to what your body is telling you in terms of your romantic and sexual attractions is one clear way to get to that goal. Another can be experimenting, as you've said that you've tried. There is no right or wrong way to go about it.

I would only say that you should just do what is comfortable for you. If you seem to be 'forcing' yourself in terms of romantic or sexual attractions or activities, then it's probably not your thing.

Perhaps you'd like to check out these YouTube videos that discuss bisexual romantic and sexual orientation and see if some of the discussion might clarify anything for you:

Are You Bisexual - Quiz

How to Tell if You're Bisexual - Is Bisexuality a Choice?

Just some thoughts.

3. theMaverick

Quantumreality raises some really good points. Accept yourself for who you zre . As you say, you should just go with the flow. You'll figure it out in time.

4. unsureguy

Thanks for your replies! I definitely feel as if I am sexually attracted to guys and emotionally as well, I do like the sex and everything feels normal. As for girls, I think it's just physical which I'm fine with, I do need to stop thinking about this all the time as I do think about it a lot. But then again, straight guys don't fantasize and think about kissing or cuddling or having sex with other guys. Blah haha

#4 unsureguy, May 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Accept yourself, love yourself, create a circle of friends.

Listen to your body and make sure what ever you do it is what is best at the time you are doing it.

I am glad you are starting to understand and be yourself even more Unsureguy.

6. Fericirea

I guess bisexuality is a spectrum. It'll probably be more definitive for you as you get older (here's hoping!) but you're probably mostly gay but have a slight attraction to girls. (Same as me lol). But I can't label exactly what you are. You have to make the final choice for yourself, but that's my two grains of salt. I hope you find your final answer! And so do I :grin: