1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing w/ possibly closeted come ons

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ghostguitar1987, May 12, 2017.

1. ghostguitar1987

Ok I cannot count how many of my friends I have asked to confirm I am not crazy (too many to count) and even though they have said I am not crazy, I am gonna ask anyway. I have this roommate he moved in about 2 months ago. Needless to say I was instantly attracted to him. He had let me feel him up when he moved in, and within a week I straight up to hold him I wanted to get down to the nasty. At which point he told me was "straight" and not interested. His reaction was quite strong such as "I could never be into that. you can't understand because you're not completely straight." He also got annoyed that guys would even be into him and said he doesn't like it when "peopel can't take the hint Fair enough. I started to move on. HOWEVER he then proceeded to do these leading things that really confused the hell out of me including:

1. Saying "suck me off" and "homosexuality" out loud all the time when it was just the two of us around the apartment.
    2. Going out everywhere with me shopping (target, getting groceries, the gym, out at night)
    3. Always being the first to call/text ask where I am.
    4. Asking me questions about Homosexuality/Bisexuality
    5. Pointing out people who he thinks are gay on the street
    6. When a male waiter was flirting with me and gave me free shots on my brithday I distinctly heard him say under his breath "Maybe I should try this."
    7. Says his Sex drive is low and is not really "feeling it" w/ the ladies
    8. One time asking me to come into the bathroom w/ him and steam our clothes before going out (he proceeded to turn on the shower and get it really steamy w/ the two of us in there
    9. Not all the time, but at least a few times a day staring at me and I look up and we meet eyes
    10. Swear to god once saw him stare right at my crotch.
    11. Copies my music taste, especially the super gay parts
    12. When we are alone in the car once he started playing this song called "I Love You so Bad" and then played it AGAIN when we got home (causing me to cry out of frustration)
    13. After giving him a hug because of the aforementioned tears I heard him say under his breath "is this our gay moment" or something to that effect
    14. Calling me out of the blue to tell me he was going to masturbate.

Those are just a few of the things that have been causing me to slightly insane, because trust me I am aware there are other fish in the sea, but I really do like him and am so open to the idea. And its driving me crazy because it seems like he is trying to send signals but then will randomly start talking to me about "sarging" (his term for picking up women, or trying to) and talks to me about girls randomly out of the blue. He threw in my face the fact that we was in love w/ this one girl and going on a date w/ her for a week making me feel horribly shitty, only to cancel and spend the day with me instead when the day came. He talks a lot about women, but I don't understand why he is doing this with me. And not to be stereotypical but he has all the objective signs of being gay, especially looking at his hands. The last time I tried to be open about doing something together he rejected me in a semi-aggressive way. What is going on here and how do I bring this scenario to a conclusion?

2. mlansing

This might sound counterintuitive, but my suggestion is to walk away. From what you described it does sound like he's curious and into you, but he may be quite deep in the closet and not ready to deal with it. The more you hang around hoping something will happen, unfortunately, the less likely it will. If you show him that you're not waiting around for him that might be the wake-up call he would need.

3. ghostguitar1987

Wow I can't believe I did not think of that……… such a simple solution. Guess when you like someone a lot judgement can be clouded. I should do that.

4. mlansing

Yes, unfortunately our better judgment and objectivity can be severely compromised when we like someone and all we want is for them to like us back. The unfortunate reality for guys who are into other guys is that even if he likes you back, if he's not ready to be gay it's a brick wall. I'm not saying that's true in all cases, but that at least has been my experience.

Keep in mind too that as long as you guys live together it will be extremely difficult for you to move on...

5. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There goes the voice of experience. I would totally say the same thing. I'm 31 now and I really wish someone would have said this to me 12 years ago. You might be going through some stuff with this guy, but at least you know who you are.