1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure out my sexuality can someone help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jedi, May 18, 2017.

1. Jedi

I'm 15 and I don't know what my sexuality is and I want to know. I have had three crushes in my life and all of them were on girls (I am a girl) but I only recently started thinking about why and what does it mean but I just don't know whether it makes me bi, gay, or pan. I'm pretty sure I'm not straight but I want to know what I am. The reason I don't know is that I have had crushes only on girls but I don't think that I would be incapable of liking a boy. I like boys as friends but I've never felt the same way as with some girls. I'm also worried about how my family and friends are going to react if I tell them but I also really want to tell them and know for myself what my orientation is. I'm also not sure whether I should tell my crush because she is also my friend and I don't want to ruin that but on the other hand I think she is more likely to be gay than any of my other crushes and I really like her and I want to know if she likes me. Can someone please help me.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Jedi

Thanks

---------- Post added 18th May 2017 at 04:46 PM ----------

That helps.

4. Hunter8

And by the way, choosing the name Jedi is just badass :wink:

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Jedi,

I'm happy if I can help at all.

I would tell you that your description of 'boy' friends is much like I've heard from gay guys about their 'girl' friends. It's about admiration and platonic love, but no romantic or sexual attractions. Nothing wrong with that. "All" you have to do is recognize your personal romantic and sexual attractions.

In terms of telling your crush, that's a much deeper issue. First you would have to Come Out to her as Bi or Gay (lesbian). Then you would have to tell her about your crush. Do you trust her to keep your confidence (i.e. not tell ANYONE else about the personal and private information that you admit to her)? For you to get over her, it may be a good course of action to Come Out to her. Then, depending on her reaction to that (hopefully supportive), admitting your crush on her. Since she seems unlikely to return your romantic feelings - based on what you have written - that at least gives you a startpoint for closure in accepting that she doesn't feel the same way and getting over her in the longrun.

Just my thoughts.:slight_smile:

6. Jedi

Thank you very

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 12:58 PM ----------

Sorry, I accidentally sent it before I finished. What i was saying is thanks a lot, that sounds like a good course of action and I think I'm just going to do it. It's so nice to get advice from an actual person and not from an article or something thank you very much for the advice.

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 01:03 PM ----------

Sorry I accidentally sent it before I was finished. That sounds about right and I think telling my crush is probably the best course of action so I'm just going to do it when I see her next, which unfortunately will only be in a few months time. Thank you so much for the advice. It's so nice to get advice from a real person and not from an article.

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 01:05 PM ----------

Wth first it doesn't send and now it's on twice

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 01:05 PM ----------

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 01:07 PM ----------

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 01:09 PM ----------

Don't know why it's duplicating it.

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 01:13 PM ----------

Thanks Hunter8