1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying myself correctly

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jamescool, May 22, 2017.

1. jamescool

Hi. Currently I identify myself as gray bi. I want to know the correct term that should be used for my sexuality, especially when others ask it, as I don't want people to misunderstand me.

I'm sexually attracted to:
    Most girls (I dislike boobs and ass, so girls with big boobs/ass are really not my thing)
    Very very few kinds of guys (maybe none after having my boyfriend)
    My boyfriend

I'm romantically attracted to:
    Most guys (including my boyfriend)
    Very few kinds of girls

I believe sexually attracted to girls is a hormone stuff. Generally, I don't mind being with any gender. I find myself to be more romantically attracted to guys because I feel more comfortable with their personalities than girls, and I will be romantically attracted to the person I love eventually, which is natural.

Please help me with this, thanks a lot! :kiss:

#1 jamescool, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say you're bi. This is just a label - why r u so concerned about a label? I ask bec u seem overly concerned w the label. The label is like the menu at a restaurant - it's the food that's more important!

A bisexual doctor named Fritz Klein wrote a book about bisexual people. In addition to the Kinsey 0-6 scale, he identified underlying scales for bisexuals: sexual preference, relationship preference, social preference.

For instance, I like sex w both women & men, but I prefer women for relationships, as I like the yin/yang effect of the feminine & masculine …more than the yang/yang effect of a gay relationship.

Forget sex for a minute: what do like & dislike about hanging w a girl … & about hanging w a guy?

3. I say forget the label. Think of yourself as being you. If anyone asks me I just say it's complicated and if they care enough then I try to explain.

4. jamescool

Thanks for the replies! :icon_wink

It's just that I want an answer when someone question about me. When I say bi people think I mean I like both male and female equally, which is not actually correct. It's hard to explain to them (I don't really want to). I guess I'll just go with "bi but a lot different". Thanks again!

5. cinlin

cinlin Guest

wow! reading your thread remind me of myself, I was terrible at identifying myself! I m 34yo now and consider myself mostly straight male, but... with slight gender fluidity issues.
    I was a trans-woman (I don't think I was born that way!) until 20yo. Then for the next 8+ years I was straight male; and then something happen and I have this gender fluidity until now. I m living and working in an Islamic country so I have to be closeted. Maybe I might share my story next week since it's a long weekend.