1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to question if I'm really bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GravityHurts, May 22, 2017.

1. GravityHurts

GravityHurts Guest

At the beginning of this year I realized I had a crush on this guy in my class and that I wasn't straight, I didn't know what I was. Later this year one of my friends in the same class as the guy I like asked me if I was bi I had no idea what being bi was so I said no. Later that day I looked up what it was and found out that it ment that you like men and women I realized that that is what I am. It took me a while to accept myself as not being straight but I finally did. But now I'm wondering if I'm really bisexual because I've never had any experience with either men or women, I find them both attractive but women more so and I'm just not sure. I just want some advice. Thanks!

2. Sienrar

You can be bisexual and lean towards a sex. Not everybody is 50/50 or 100/0, as our rigid language might suggest.

3. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Also, you don't necessarily need to have experiences with men or women in order to be bisexual. You're experiences don't define your sexuality; you define your sexuality. If you feel that you have feelings toward both men & women, then you very well might be bisexual, regardless of what experiences you've had :slight_smile:

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey GravityHurts,

As Sheoi Loei said, your sexuality isn't defined by your sexual experiences, it's about your romantic and sexual attractions. Your body knows what you are attracted to, so you just have to listen.

Perhaps, if you can get through the discussions of romantic and sexual attractions in these YouTube videos you can get some clarity:

Are You Bisexual - Quiz

How to Tell if You're Bisexual - Is Bisexuality a Choice?

I hope that helps.:slight_smile:

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you don't need 'experience' to know who you like M or F or both or any other gender. just as straights don't need experience to know they're straight.

6. GravityHurts

GravityHurts Guest

Thanks for all the feedback, I guess that I am bisexual after all.