1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wimbledon96, May 26, 2017.

1. Wimbledon96

I'm writing here because I'm really not sure about my sexual orientation. I'm not sure if I'm bisexual with a very strong preference for women or simply a lesbian.

It happens to me that I fall in love with guys, but as they're usually not close to me I've never even kissed one. I've only had relationships with women so far.
    The problem is that I just can't imagine having sex with a man, though I've never been sexually harassed by or had any other bad experiences with a guy. But nevertheless I fall in love with men and when I'm in love I would want to cuddle or kiss but not more than that. I used to think that the lacking sexual attraction would maybe just come when I'm older because I'm a late bloomer, but now I'm already 21 and nothing has changed.
    Girls I'm definitely both sexually and romantically attracted to, that's for sure.

One gay male friend of mine told me he thinks I might be a "biromantic homosexual", but he says I might just as well call myself gay because it's very unlikely I'll ever have a relationship with a guy without having sex anyway. Apart from him all my gay and straight friends believe I'm a lesbian in denial because I still label myself bisexual.

But I'm just not so sure if that's true. What would you say?